Our Commercial German Roach Kit
The Commercial German Roach Kit contains products to deal with German Roaches in restaurants and commercial kitchens. It is also very useful for landlords with multiple properties to treat. The combined products will provide a savings.
Commercial German Roach Kit Contains:
- Orthene PCO Pellets (1 box of 10 packs-yields 10 gallons): Orthene PCO Pellets is an insecticide concentrate in water soluble powder form. This insecticide is labeled for restaurants and has shown very good control against German Roach populations that are resistant to synthetic pyrethroid insecticides.
- Tekko Pro (16 oz-makes 8-16 gallons): This new insect growth regulator prevents immature cockroaches from development. After application, cockroaches with twisted wings will begin to appear indicating that they are unable to reproduce. This new IGR (insect growth regulator) has a combined chemistry of active ingredients to increase its effectiveness as compared to other insect growth regulators.
- Invict Gold Roach Bait Gel (1 Box of 4 syringes): Invict Roach Bait is our number one seller in the roach bait category. German roaches are attracted to this bait with 11 different food attractants. Invict works against German roaches that may already have bait aversion. These roaches readily take this bait.
- Advion Cockroach Bait Arenas (60 ctn bait stations): Advion Cockroach Bait Arena kills 54 cockroaches for every one cockroach exposed - a number that best matches the average ratios of feeding males to the potential growth rate of the population. They will remain attractive longer than the Invict Gold Gel so they are better for long term maintenance.
- Phantom Aerosol (17.5 oz can): Phantom Aerosol is effective on pyrethroid-resistant strains of cockroaches. As a non-repellent insecticide, it sets up an undetectable treatment zone that roaches will continue to contact.
- Victor Pheromone Roach Traps (40 traps) : The Victor M327 roach and insect traps have a pheromone attractant and food scent to attract the roaches. They can be used as a tool for roach control and monitoring tool for early detections of German Roaches.
How To Use the Commercial German Roach Kit
Step 1: Mix 1 packet of Orthene PCO Pellets and 2 ounces of Tekko Pro in 1 gallon of water. Orthene has a strong odor so be sure to allow several hours for the area to air out. Apply in small amounts directly into cracks and crevices at points between different elements of construction, between equipment and floors, under and behind appliances, openings leading to voids and hollow spaces in walls, equipment legs and bases, and other areas where roaches hide. Any cracks and crevices that are difficult to spray into can be easily treated with the Phantom Aerosol using the included crack and crevice straw.
Allow the spray to thoroughly dry before beginning step 2.
Step 2: Inside the box of Invict Gold Roach Bait you will find four (4) tubes of roach gel. Remove the cap from the tip and use the plunger provided in the kit and push the gel out of the tube. Each bait placement should be about the size of a pea. Placements should be under and behind all appliances. Place more bait where you see roach droppings. Apply the gel in all other areas where roaches are, or where you think they might be hiding. Use small pea-sized dabs and apply plenty of them. Suggested areas include: under the counters and under and behind appliances. Keep in mind that roaches like to feed in the dark, so place the Invict roach gel bait in areas where they can feed on it without coming out into the light. The gel bait will be very attractive to the roaches due to its high moisture content. As it dries it will be less attractive but it will continue to work.
Step 3: Now put out the Advion Cockroach Bait Arenas. Place up to 10 bait arenas per 100 linear feet of horizontal surface. Place them primarily around wall perimeters and other areas away from walls such as, around island sinks, cabinets, and appliances. The Advion Arenas protect the bait inside from dust, dirt and cleaning chemicals and allow it to remain attractive to the roaches longer than gel baits. This makes it best for “busy” areas and for maintenance.
Step 4: Allow a few days for the roach population to decline and then put out the Victor Roach and Insect Pheromone Traps. You can separate them into two small traps or use them as one larger trap. Remove the release paper to expose the glue and then fold them into a “tent.” Place them in areas where roaches have been or are likely to be. Use the adhesive strip on the bottom to attach them to walls or under counters. Monitor the traps frequently to help identify areas of heavy roach activity. As the roach population decreases the traps are a good way to discover and pinpoint new roach activity.
Maintenance: For maintenance we recommend monthly treatments with the Orthene PCO Pellets and Tekko Pro mixture and quarterly applications of the Advion Cockroach Bait Arenas. At any point during the treatment Phantom Aerosol may be used to quickly kill any roaches that are seen. Be careful not to allow the spray to contact any of the bait placements. Remember to read and follow the directions on the product label.