Stink Bug Control
What are these stinky bugs ?
Named for the foul odor they emit as a defense, they are named "stink bugs". They are shaped like a shield and are called shield bugs as well.
These agricultural pests are either green or brown and feed on vegetables and fruits. They are from the insect family Pentatomidae.
How To Get Rid of Stink Bugs & Prevention
- Spray during the fall months around home, to prevent them from coming inside. Focus on the south and west sides of your home.
Although highly annoying, they are harmless and can not breed inside your home. Stink bugs are harmless to humans and only pose an annoyance in the home, not a threat. Stink bugs are most active from spring to fall.
Integrated Pest Management and Sting Bugs
Stink bugs will enter your home as it gets cold. Prevention is the best method of dealing with Stink Bugs. Stink bugs will enter under siding, around door and window frames, utility pipes, chimneys, attic vents, under fasicia and crawl spaces.
Spray the exterior south and west walls befor they enter. Once they enter , they go into a state of hibernation, but will not reproduce. As the spring rolls around or you get an early winter, they may appear. You can remove them with a vacuum cleaner, but the sink bugs will cause the vacuum cleaner to smell for a while.
Stink Bug Check List
- Seal cracks and crevices around homes. If holes are larger than the diameter of a pencil, seal holes on exterior walls.
- Look for openings around door and window frames and seal them as needed.
- Check attic openings and vents and place screens over them.
- Turn off outside lights.
- For more information : Stink Bugs