Gentrol IGR Liquid Concentrate
Gentrol IGR Liquid Concentrate is an insect growth regulator. Gentrol IGR prevents developing roaches from reaching sexual maturity by inhibiting their growth and breaking the cycle. Gentrol IGR is labeled for food and non food areas. Food Service last about 2 months. Private residence last 4 months. Gentrol IGR in 1 oz bottles, will yield 1 gallon.
- Active Ingredient:
- It is labeled for use in food areas of food handling establishments.
- Non food areas are also labeled for use.
- Excellent crack and crevice in food service areas, lasting 2 months in a restaurant, 4 months residential.
- For use indoors in homes, food establishments, and can be used alone, with other insecticides, or in fogging machines.
- Can also be used for stored product pests such as Indian Meal Moth, Lesser Grain Beetle, Confused Flour Beetle, etc.
- This Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) is a synthetic juvenile hormone mimic which disrupts the normal growth development of cockroaches and stored product pests (such as Indian meal moths, rice moths, tobacco moths, red flour beetles, confused flour beetles, lesser grain borers, merchant grain beetles, sawtooth grain beetles, warehouse beetles, cigarette beetles and dermestid beetles). Roaches exposed to the Gencor IGR will become adults incapable of reproducing.
- Active Ingredient:
- Additional Information
Pro Tips As much as I love what Gentrol does to stop roaches, there is a new insect growth inhibitor on the market called Tekko Pro. It not only has the juvenile hormone like Gentrol it also contains Novaluron (a chitin inhibitor) This will not allow the roach to molt, increasing its effectiveness. Packaging 1 oz and 16 oz bottles Manufacturer Zoecon Product Label Label MSDS MSDS Target Pest
- Gentrol Insect Regulator disrupts the normal development of immature cockroaches, insects, and stored product pests ( examples of these pest include: Indian meal moths, rice moths, tobacco moths, bed bugs, red flour beetles, confused flour beetles, lesser grain borers, merchant grain beetles, sawtooth grain beetles,warehouse beetles, cigarette beetles,and dermestid beeetles).
- Roaches exposed to Gentrol Aerosol will become adults incapable of reproducing.
Active Ingredient (s) Hydroprene 9.0% For Use :
- Gentrol IGR Concentrate is intended for use in apartment buildings, bakeries, bottling facilities, breweries, boiler rooms, cafeterias, candy plants, grocery stores, day care centers, hospitals, residential homes, office buildings, kitchens laboratories, cereal processing facilities, manufacturing plants, mausoleums, meat and produce canneries, nursing homes restaurants, schools, locker rooms, stores, taverns, warehouses as well as various modes of transportation. It is intended for use as a general surface spray, fogging, spot and crack & crevice applications. This insect growth regulator is intended to be mixed with water and applied with spray or hand application equipment, such as hand pressurized or power operated sprayers capable of delivering general surface.
Yield 1 oz yields one gallon Mixture|Application N/A Application No Retreatment For food service areas, retreat in 2 months. For residential areas, retreat in 4 months. Shipping Restrictions N/A More Instructions Supplemental Label
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
This is a excellent product. I Have used it many times, I use this with a combination of Feventastar eco cap. No sign of roaches. I spray 2 or 3 times a week, No roaches. I would recommend both products.
- Good Stuff
Although it seems to be getting rid of the roaches, it seems to be taking some time to do this. But I must say that we did have a pretty bad infestation of german cockroaches. It appears that as long as I am persistent and keep spraying the gentrol, the more the cockroaches seem to disappear.
DIY RESPONSE: Yes you are correct. Gentrol is a slow acting form of control because it works by breaking the reproduction cycle. It makes the adult roaches sterile so that they are unable to reproduce into new roaches. It doesn't kill roaches directly and that is the reason you see such a slow steady decline in the population.
- Chemicals are Chemicals
Like I said above, The best thing is DIY ordering is easy and good quick delivery, so far safe use of credit cards. When I have a question I just ask. With roaches the best solution is clean up the garbage if possible, and then stay on top of it, a good clean spray will start the elimination process fast. Remember to change your poisons every couple of months. Roaches are tough little boogers.
- Awesome product
I absolutely hate cockroaches and I have finally found the solution to keep them out of my house. Used Gentrol with the Phantom insecticide to spray and bam, no more cockroaches inside. My boyfriend is enjoying me not running and screaming out of the room every day because there's a cockroach. It's the little things.