Havahart #1079 Live Animal Trap
Havhart 1079 Racoon Trap measures 32" x 10" x 12". The Havarhart 1079 is a sturdy trap, made with galvanized wire mesh and steel reinforcements. Unlike many live traps on the market, the Havahart brand is made in the USA.
Havhahart #1079 is perfect for trapping raccoons, cats and opossums. The dimensional weight is considered "oversized", so it is fairly expensive to ship by special handling (Air or 3 day select).
Havahart #1079 Live Animal Trap Features:
- For trapping raccoons, stray cats, groundhogs (woodchucks), opossums, armadillos, and similar-size nuisance animals
- One spring loaded door
- Smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals
- Efficacy proven in extensive field testing means higher catch rate and fewer escapes
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use with Instructions and tips on baits and trap setting included
How To Use in Havahart #1079
- Crisp bacon, fish, fresh vegetables, wet cat food, chicken parts/entrails, corn, or sardines would be effective baits to lure them in a set 1079 trap.
- Set traps as close to the den as possible where damage is occurring, e.g., at corners of gardens, breaks in stone walls, or along obvious animal trails. If there are a large number of raccoons, set multiple Havahart 1079 traps in a number of different locations.
- Check the set Havahart traps often in order to spot and release non targeted animals such as cats. Raccoons and oppossums and similar size nuisance animals are active at night. Check the traps every morniing; twice a day preferably.
- When releasing the raccoon, do it far away from human dwellings. In some states, raccoons are a protected species, so check with your game and wildlife department before trapping and releasing them. The release site for these large animals should be over ten miles away.
- Additional Information
Pro Tips No Packaging 32 x 10 x 12 inches Manufacturer Woodstream, Harvahart Brand # 1079 Product Label N/A MSDS Trap Instructions Target Pest Raccoon Active Ingredient (s) N/A For Use : N/A Yield N/A Mixture|Application N/A Application No Retreatment No Shipping Restrictions N/A More Instructions When using the Havahart 1079, wet cat food is a good bait for raccoons. However, if you want to trap just a raccoon or opossum and not the neighborhood cats, try using white ping pong balls. I know it sounds weird, but it seems to work like a charm. I think the raccoons think the ping pong balls are eggs. Another excellent bait for trapping raccoons are marshmallows.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Did the job
I purchased this trap for groundhogs close to a dwelling. It worked like a charm. Highly recommended!
- worked great
Caught the groundhog and released it with no problem. Be sure to read the directions. On release, I used a dowel stick to prop the door open. This step is shown on the instructions.