Maxforce FC Ant Bait Gel (Box contains 4 (.95 oz) tubes)
Active Ingredient: Fipronil
Labeled for use: Inside
Maxforce Max Force Ant Bait Gel is an excellent bait when the smaller ants are feeding on sugar.
Maxforce Ant Killer Bait Gel takes advantage of the natural behavior of ants. Foraging worker ants are attracted to the sweet formula of the bait. After consuming the bait the foraging ants will return to the nest and share the bait with the rest of the colony, including the queen(s) in what is known as the Maxforce Domino Effect effectively eliminating the colony. Maxforce Ant Killer Bait Gel offers a long term ant solution in a convenient easy-to-use application that begins to work in as little as six hours.
Do not apply any residual insecticides or sprays near baits. This will prevent ants from taking the bait - making the bait ineffective.
DESCRIPTION: Maxforce Ant Bait Gel is effective against Pharaoh, Argentine, odorous house, ghost, pavement, and little black ants. Ants will carry the bait back to the nest and destroy the colony. You will see fewer ants in 3-5 days. Maxforce Ant Gel provides for the sugar feeding needs of ants. If the ants are foraging for protein as well, it is recommended that a protein-based bait be used in conjunction with the gel bait.
USE: Place small pea-size amounts near areas where ants trail or forage, or where they are entering the structure. The gel can be applied in cracks and crevices, on pipes, behind appliances, along baseboards, etc. It can be used both inside and outside. Be careful of children and pets. DO NOT apply residual insecticides or sprays near baits as this will prevent ants from taking the bait. Reapply gel as needed. Always read the label.
How do I apply Maxforce Ant Killer Bait Gel?
- To apply, first shake the gel tube vigorously. Due to the high-moisture content, it is normal during storage for the syringe to contain a couple of grams of liquid. Simply shake the syringe before use to help even out the consistency. (During the summer months the gel may become more watery than normal, in which case you should place the tube in a refrigerator for 24 hours.)
- Next, remove the cap and depress the plunger. If necessary, during the first few placements simply pull back slightly on the plunger to prevent over application.
- Small pea-sized placements should be made near ant trails or near areas where ants have been observed to forage.
- Usually 3 placements will be sufficient for an average-sized room with a light to moderate infestation. Use more for larger areas or heavy infestations. Bait will remain effective for up to two weeks.
- ***NOTE: Do not disturb the natural behavior of trailing ants or foraging ants, placements should be made NEAR the ants not on them or in the middle of the trail. By disrupting their normal behavior, bait avoidance may occur.***
- Additional Information
Customer Reviews 9 item(s)
Works Great on ants - would highly recommend
- Used for Carpenter and Pavement Ants
Have used this for both carpenter in prior house and pavement ants in the current house....worth every penny. On both occasions completely eliminated the ant problem in less than a week with no recurrence.
- this stuff works
This stuff works. period.
- Excellent product. Long time user.
I have using Maxforce Ant Bait Gel for many years. I live in the Florida Keys and we have plenty of different types of ants. If we should leave even a tiny bit of sugar on the kitchen counter, the next morning we find a trail of ants going from the sugar into some tiny opening in the wall trim boards.
I set baits out in two or three different spots and in less than an hour there is a horde of ants eating at it. In one to three days, there are no more ants. Period. What more could I ask from a product?
I have been buying from Do-It-Yourself for more than ten years, have never been disappointed, and have never had to call an exterminator.
It is a pleasure to leave this review. Thank you.
We put down this gel, easy to apply. Ants were gone the next day.
This stuff is amazing. When we moved in the Landlord said he'd send a Pest Control company over and never did. We tried everything and nothing worked. My daughter-in- law prayed on her bug problem and found this on line. We put it down and with in 3 days our bug problem was gone.
Thank you so much.
- Effective on Argentine ants
I used to go through 2 boxes per year to keep Argentine ants around my home under control. After regular use for a few years, Argentine ants are a rare site. I still use the product periodically, especially in the spring and summer, but just a couple of gel lines in the ants' path and they are gone in a couple of days. You can never totally eliminate Argentine ants but using this product diligently around your home will keep them from getting inside.
- Pretty effective during sweet cycle
This stuff works pretty well, if the ants are interested in it at the time.
You definitely have to make sure there are no other food sources around, including other baits, otherwise they will ignore it. As a result, it gets kind of annoying to clean and switch over and over in the hopes that today your bait will match their tastes. This gel dries pretty quickly, and it's tough to remove.
Another annoying part is the squirt of water from the syringe. Even shaking until my arm got tired it still had a little thin fluid before the gel comes out. But, with all that, my coffeemaker is now safe, but that's only one colony out of several after unfortunately abusing repellant sprays in the past.