MSM Turf Herbicide (Compare to Manor)
Quali-Pro MSM Turf Herbicide is used on Bluegrass, Bermuda grass, and St. Augustine grasses to tackle hard to kill weeds such as, Bahia grass, Foxtail, Rye grass and Virginia Button weeds.
Save money with MSM Turf Herbicide. Compare MSM Turf herbicide to Nu Farm Manor or Blade herbicides with the same active ingredient (Metsulfuron Methyl 60.0%) as a less expensive alternative.They are identical with the same labels.
MSM Turf Herbicide is a highly selective (just a few grasses) premium post-emergent herbicide for effective control of grassy and broad leaf weeds in turf grass.
How MSM Turf Herbicde works
Metsulfuron Methyl is absorbed in the roots and stops cell division, stopping weed growth.
MSM Turf Herbicide yield
2 oz of MSM turf will treat between 2 and 15 acres of turf.
Broadcast Applications: 1 oz per acre of turf grass. Mix 1 oz in 20 gallons of water for 1 acre of coverage. Measuring cup included.
MSM Turf Herbicide Top Features
- Works effectively on warm season turf, yet is gentle on the environment due to its low use rate
- Controls weeds such as spurge, wild onion and garlic, dandelion, dollar weed and other broad-leaf weeds (See label)
- Removes bahiagrass from St. Augustine and Bermuda grasses
- Controls annual and perennial weedy grasses and broad-leaf weeds
- May be used on golf courses (tees, fairways, aprons, roughs), sod farms, lawns, parks, cemeteries, non-crop areas
- Active Ingredient : Metsulfuron Methyl -60%
- For use only : Bluegrass, Bermuda grass, and St. Augustine grasses.
Use of a marking dye to see where you have applied MSM Turf Herbicide will help avoid injury to non-target plants.
- Additional Information
Pro Tips While MSM won't kill St. Augustine grass, it may cause some temporary yellowing. A re-treatment may be needed in 4 to 6 weeks to kill stubborn weeds. Don't treat turf that is already stressed from heat or drought. Packaging 2 oz Manufacturer Quail-Pro Product Label Label , Supplemental Label MSDS MSDS Target Pest Controls bahiagrass from St. Augustine and Bermuda grasses. Annual and perennial weedy grasses and broadleaf weeds, including rosette- and vining-type dicots Active Ingredient (s) Metsulfuron Methyl 60.0% For Use : Southern ornamental turf in lawns, parks, cemeteries, golf courses, and sod farms. MSM Turf may be only used on Bluegrass, Bermudagrass, and St. Augustine grasses. Yield 2 oz of MSM turf will treat between 2 and 15 acres of turf. Mixture|Application mixed with water Application
Broadcast Applications: 1 oz per acre of turf grass. Mix 1 oz in 20 gallons of water for 1 acre of coverage.
Use Precautions: :
- Use lowest rates for minimum chlorosis of turf.
- Do not apply to turf under stress from drought, insects, disease, cold temperature, high temperatures of above 85 degrees (Fahrenheit) on cool season grasses, or poor fertility as injury may result.
- Do not apply to turf less than 1 year old.
- If Bahia Grass is your desired turf, do not use as it will kill Bahia Grass.
- Do not plant ornamentals such as shrubs and trees in treated areas for a least a year after application, or bedding plants for at least 2 years.
- State of Arizona has not approved use on sod farms (agricultural use).
Retreatment 4-6 weeks for some weeds (See label) Shipping Restrictions AK, CA, NY, WA More Instructions
- Addition of a non-ionic surfactant of at least 80% active ingredient at 0.25 percent volume (1 qt./100 gal.) provides maximum performance, but may temporarily increase chlorosis of the turf.
- Allow one week between applications of Quali-Pro MSM Turf Herbicide and other pesticide products.
- Do not use on food or feed crops. Do not use where roots from food plants may extend or in locations where the chemical may be washed or moved into contact with their roots.
- When over-seeding, wait 8 weeks after application
- Do not allow spray drift onto adjacent crops or other desirable plants to avoid injury. See label for ways to minimize drift.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Awesome stuff
Bought this to kill wild onions after trying 2-4-D several times. This chemical took 2-3 weeks but certainly worked as advertised; it did shock the grass some but it's 'coming back' after 6 weeks or so. I'm completely pleased with the result; also very reasonably priced. Very good value!