Nibor-D is a broad spectrum water soluble borate insecticide that prevents and kills crickets, carpenter ants, cockroaches, silverfish, earwigs, boxelder bugs, cluster flies, millipedes, centipedes, ants, poultry pests(darkling beetles, hide beetles), millipedes, and more.. As a fungicide, it controls fungi and mildew, with additional mechanical alterations.
Nibor-D is an inexpensive, versatile, and green pest management borate product. It has a very low mammalian toxicity, and targets specific insects, which means it is safe around such insects as honey bees and butterflies.
Nibor-D is a borate in powder form. It may be used as either a dust , mixed as a liquid, or used in a liquid mop solution. It can be used in conjunction to insect baits such as to Intice, Niban or Niban-FG without contaminating any bait placements.
- Effective, green product for use with Green Pest Management programs.
- Safe-Active ingredient is a borate mineral salt.
- Effective -No known resistance.
- Broad spectrum insecticide and fungicide
- Stays in place until it is consumed or removed.
- Light green tint for use in USDA facilities.
- Dust, liquiefy, mop or foam
- Mode of action:
- Nibor-D does not cake or corrode metals, as boric acid does.
- Mode of action: disruption of metabolism = starve to death * Not a contact kill as synthetic pyrethroid.
How Nibor-D Kills Targeted Insects
The active ingredient in Nibor-D contain boron molecules. The insects can not excrete the borons as humans can; the boron builds up in their system interrupting food processing. By ingesting the Nibor D, in effect the targeted insects starve to death.
- Additional Information
Pro Tips A very dependable duster is the B&G 1150 Bulb Duster.
If you are looking for a durable and inexpensive sprayer , B&G Dura Sprayer will give you great performance.
Packaging 1 lb, 5 lb, 15 lb Manufacturer Nisus Product Label Nibor D - Product Label MSDS Nibor D - MSDS Target Pest
Roaches (including German, Brown-banded, Smokey Brown, Brown, American, Australian and Oriental Roaches), Silverfish, Earwigs, Crickets (including House crickets, Field crickets and Camel crickets), General Ants (including Argentine, Thief, Little Black, Pavement, Odorous House, Crazy and Ghost Ants), Carpenter Ants, Cluster Flies, Poultry pests( darkling beetles, hide beetles) Centipedes and Millipedes.
Mildew and Fungus
Active Ingredient (s) Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate - 98% For Use :
Nibor D may be used in both exterior and interior locations.
Homes, restaurants, markets, schools, warehouses, factories, offices, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, garages, grocery stores, apartment buildings, new construction, industrial plants, theaters, ships, trains, trucks, yachts, mobile homes, buses, zoos, kennels, military bases, libraries, utilities and on railroad ties.
Multi Purpose Application Types
Use as a dust, liquid or foam application in many areas, including:
- Surface mildew and fungus
- Dust Nibor D in cracks and crevices and void areas for listed insect control.
- Use Nibor D as a liquid or foam for residual control into cracks, crevices, void and spot applications.
- May use Nibor D as a liquid broadcast for flea larvae and dust mites.
- Use this multipurpose insecticide as a mop solution for control of cockroaches, small flies and dust mites.
- May be used in floor drains, manhole covers and cavities, sewers and refuse containers.
- Attic insultation
- Bird and Poultry facilities
Children and Pets: Apply Nibor- D in areas out of reach of children and pets.
Yield N/A Mixture|Application As a liquid application, general use - mix 1.5 lbs in 1 gallon of water for a 15% liquid solution or use as a dust into voids and openings. Application
NIBOR-D Application as a Dust: Dust NIBOR-D into cracks and crevices, wall voids, openings around pipes and sinks, moist areas, behind baseboards, under refrigerators, and storage shelves to kill and prevent infestations of silverfish, cockroaches, crickets, ants, and other insect pests and arthropods. No powder should be visible after application. Remove or brush any powder visible after application into cracks and crevices.
NIBOR-D Application as a Liquid: NIBOR-D can be used as a 15% liquid solution applied as a void treatment, spot treatment, or crack and crevice treatment, to control and kill cricket, ant, roach, earwig and silverfish infestations. Apply NIBOR-D 15% liquid solution into void areas, cracks and crevices, void areas, between equipment and floors, between elements of construction, equipment legs and bases and areas where insects hide, and openings leading to voids and hollow spaces in walls. Do not introduce the Nibor powder material into the air.
Outside: Apply the NIBOR-D 15% liquid solution for general insect control to outside areas of structures around windows, doorframes and other areas where insect pests may enter as a spot treatment. Nibor D may leave a slight visible residue seen on dark surfaces. Nibor-D will last longer as a residue if protected from weather.
Directions for Applying NIBOR-D to Control Mildew and Fungus (Except in California): Mix NIBOR-D at the rate of 8 ounces of powder to 1 gallon of water. In areas affected by mildew and fungus, apply to certain surfaces to kill and control mildew and fungus in conjunction with conventional moisture control practices such as repairing leaking -structural components or pipes, lowering interior humidity levels and, where possible, providing adequate ventilation. Apply as a spot treatment to affected surfaces including baseboards and wall areas. DO NOT APPLY NIBOR-D TO CARPET AREAS. Reapply as necessary
Retreatment No Shipping Restrictions N/A More Instructions
- Note: Spraying water on some wood species can mobilize natural wood extractives, raise the grain and leave behind calcium or other deposits. Prior to treating large areas, treat a small area with Nibor-D solution to ensure that you are -satisfied with the final aesthetics.
- Note: Do not apply Nibor-D liquid solutions in conduits, motor housings, junction boxes, switch boxes or other electrical equipment because of possible shock hazard.
- Applications of Nibor-D in the food areas of food handling establishments other than as a crack and crevice treatment are not permitted.