Advantage Yellow Jacket Traps
These traps are designed to attract Yellow Jackets, do not use if allergic to their stings. Use Yellow Jacket Traps as a pesticide free solution to catch yellow jackets. This yellow jacket trap is made of heavy duty molded plastic, which can be used for many years. It has liners that are easy to dispose, and extra liners are available for purchase. The Advantage Yellow Jacket trap is very effective, because it has a dual entry (top & bottom). These entries forms chimney effect, dispersing the lure and attractant out over a 30 foot radius from the trap in all directions. This trap covers three times the area of other traps making it cost effective.
For every female that you capture in the early spring, that will eliminate a yellow jacket nest of 500-5,000 yellow jackets.
Baiting The Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap
1. Remove rain lid and top assembly from the trap body
2. Remove the disposable liner, add water to fill line. Add 2-3 tablespoons of liquid dishwashing detergent and mix thoroughly.
3. Before replacing disposable liner, open the yellow jacket lure package and remove the lure vial. Insert vial into the green plastic lure holder, which is located in the bottom of the trap body. Do not open vial.
4. Place the disposable liner with the soapy water into the trap body.
5. Addition of a protein supplement will improve yellow jacket catch greatly. Proteins are highly desirable in the early spring and mid summer months. Carbohydrates are very attractive in the late summer to early fall.
Fish ham, turkey ham ( very good ), Yellow Jackets do not like spoiled foods. Keep proteins fresh.
Apple Juice, Fruit Juice, Fruit wine, various syrups that don't spoil.
6. Place Protein source (fish, ham , sardines) on enclosed aluminum rod and place on top of the disposable liner that contains the soapy water.
Placement of the trap
1. Place traps away from all human activity.
2. Hang traps 2-4 feet above ground.
3. Yellow Jacket Traps should be baited and placed either early morning or late evening when the yellow jackets are least likely to be active.
4. Place traps in sunny areas when temperature is below 80-85 degrees F.
Place traps in shaded area when temperature is above 85 degrees F.
5. If Yellow Jacket catch is low, relocate the trap. Leave trap in an area for at least 2 days.
1. Before emptying traps, make sure all yellow jackets are dead.
2. If live yellow jackets are present, they must be killed before opening the trap by :
a. Pouring soapy water into the trap through the 4 holes located in the lid of the trap..or
b. Placing entire trap in a freezer for 48 hours.
.3. Trap should be emptied and cleaned every 3-4 weeks. Traps must be kept clean.
Hints Only the fertilized female yellow jacket over winter. All males die during the winter. This may be the reason they are so aggressive in the early fall and know this is their last "Hoorah".
When fertilized females emerge from hibernation in early spring, she needs protein to nurse her young offspring. To start with she is a single mom doing it all until she can raise some workers.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Contents: Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap with Disposable Liner, Lure Holder, Bait Holder, 30 Day Yellow Jacket Lure and Instruction sheet
- Additional Information
Pro Tips The lure is great but you can also use a 10 percent fruit drink. Just like kids, the yellow jackets love it. If you do buy lure west of the rockies gets the western lure. Packaging Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap with Disposable Liner, Lure Holder, Bait Holder, 30 Day Yellow Jacket Lure and Instruction sheet Manufacturer J. F. Oaks Product Label N/A MSDS N/A Target Pest N/A Active Ingredient (s) N/A For Use : N/A Yield N/A Mixture|Application N/A Application No Retreatment No Shipping Restrictions N/A More Instructions No
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Bought a second one
This trap works great, we have caught hundreds of Yellow Jackets
- wasp trap
It did not work , I caught a lot of flies but not one wasp
DIY RESPONSE: In most areas of the country yellow jackets do not appear until later in the summer. Many of the wasps you see are queens looking to start a colony. Try using the traps later in the season.