How safe is Bromethalin?
Bromethalin is extremely toxic and lethal to humans, pets, birds, fish, and other wildlife. Use tamper-resistant bait stations to keep the poison away from pets and children. Bromethalin is activated by ingestion, or inhalation; and is considered category II (moderately toxic) by the EPA when exposed to the skin through contact. Wear gloves during treatment, and make sure to wash arms, hands, and face with soap after handling the bait. Avoid all contact with the mouth. Do not allow the bait to contaminate food or water supplies. In case of accidental ingestion, call the Center for Poison Control and a doctor immediately. Although there is no direct antidote for Bromethalin, there are treatment programs for sub-lethal ingestions.
Items 16-18 of 18