Alligare Fluridone RTU
Alligare Fluridone RTU has been discontinued, please see Sonar RTU as an alternative choice.
Alligare'.s Fluridone RTU with 3.79% Fluridone compares to Sepro's Sonar RTU as a lower cost alternative. This aquatic weed killer is very effective against duckweeds and other nuisance aquatic weeds. It may be used in ponds, lakes, ornamental ponds, lagoons, reservoirs, drainage canals, irrigation canals, and potable water sources. Apply Fluridone RTU when weeds are actively growing and when it is sunny, dry and no or low wind to be most effective.
See product label for other application schedules.
How Alligare Fluridone RTU Works
The Fluridone is absorbed into the weed and travels throughout the vascular system of the weeds.As a systemic weed killer, it kills the whole weed.It blocks the plants from absorbing nutrients needed for survival. After application, the aquatic weeds will wilt or turn white in 3-6 weeks. Sunlight will break down any surplus Fluridone in the water.
- Fluridone RTU controls most troublesome aquatic, pond weeds including the common duckweed
- Compare to Sonar RTU, with 3.79% Fluridone
- This fluridone formulation is ready-to-use; no mixing.
- Apply directly into the water from the shoreline
- Absorbed quickly and stops photosynthesis
- No restrictions as to swimming, livestock/pet water consumption or fishing following application of Alligare Fluridone RTU except in New York State.
- In New York State, swimming in treated waters is prohibited for a period of 24 hours following application of the product.