Bee Hut Trap-Carpenter Bee Trap
The Bee Hut Trap mimics the natural preferences and nesting habits of carpenter bees. The body of the trap is made from thick natural wood. The three sides are specially sized and with angled entrance holes that invite carpenter bees inside the trap. The angled entrance holes minimize the light in the central chamber once a carpenter bee has entered the trap. The largest light source comes from the clear bottom funnel, drawing the carpenter bee further down. Once in the funnel, the carpenter bee is caught !
The plastic funnel design eliminates clogging and ensures carpenter bees stay inside the trap. The funnel deposits the carpenter bee into the removable bottom receptacle. When one carpenter bee dies in the bottom receptacle, it releases a pheromone. That pheromone is highly attractive to other carpenter bees, resulting in more and more carpenter bees continuing the cycle. The more carpenter bees caught, the more potent the trap!
Once the bottle is full, simply empty the bottom container or replace it. The unique funnel design gives you the option to attach a mason jar or standard plastic bottle. One standard plastic bottle is included with each trap. The funnel will attach to any standard sized mason jar. You can also use plastic beverage bottle sizes in 12 oz. 16 oz, or a 2-liter size as replacement receptacles.
- The completely chemical free and low maintenance trap can either be mounted them on the wall or hung.
- Each trap has a recommended 15 foot working radius
- Measures: 6.5" x 4" diameter
- Assembled Size:12" x 4" diameter
- Included: Rubber grommet to attach any standard 12 oz, 16 oz, or even 2 liter bottle, standard plastic bottle, cord for hanging.