Biathlon Herbicide jis a pre-emergent granular herbicide that combines both oxfluorfen and prodiamine to control a broad spectrum of weed control with good plant tolerance on ornamentals. Biathlon is formulated on Verge granulars that reduce the dust levels during application, resulting in increased worker safety and ease of application. It is labeled for use on production conifers, grounds maintenance, conifers and Christmas trees, and other listed non-crop areas.
How Biathlon Herbicide Works
- This herbicide controls a wide range of broadleaf weeds and grass by forming a barrier in the soil, lasting active for several months. It inhibits cell division adn disrupts cell wall formation in roots and shoots of emerging weeds.
- Biathlon Herbicide as a pre-emergent herbicide will not work well on established weeds.
- Do not apply to moist foliage.
- Do not apply while plants are producing a new flush of spring growth. Tender, newly forming leaves are especially sensitive and may be injured by the herbicide.
- See product label for further instructions.
- Restricted Entry Level (REI )- 24 hours
- Chemical Family- Diphenylether + Dinitroaniline
- MOA- 14 +3
- Active Ingredients:Oxyfluorfen + Prodiamine
- Maximum lbs./acre100 lbs. (can apply twice, 3 months apart)
- Maximum lbs./year per acre200 lbs
- Application - Granular broadcast
- Product Information