Carpenter Bee Kit -Organic (May Ship To All States)
The Carpenter Bee Kit Organic has Essentria IC3 Insecticide Concentrate, Evergreen Dust, and the Clear Puffer Duster.
- Essentria IC3 Insecticide Concentrate is a botanical insecticide made from plant essential oils (rosemary oil, geraniol, and peppermint oil). It is EPA FIFRA 25(b) exempt and is part of the National Organic Program list. The essential oils match specific 'markers' in the target pest's central nervous systems. The results are natural insecticide compounds that provide fast knockdown and outstanding control of a wide range of insects.
- Evergreen Dust is a botanical insecticide with Pyrethrin 1%. Evergreen Pyrethrum Dust is listed by OMRI certified organic. May be used indoors or outdoors and in food handling or feed areas. Controls over 230 insect pests (see label) including bed bugs and lasts 6 months.
- Clear Puffer Duster This handheld bellow duster by Executive Pest Control Products features a clear body to see the dust. The Clear Puffer Duster also features an ergonomic, low-tension spring to compress and release the dust.
Carpenter Bee Kit - Organic contains:
How To Kill Carpenter Bees
If you do have an active carpenter bee & infestation, following these steps below would ensure success.
- Mix the Essentria IC 3 Insecticide at 1-8 ounces per gallon of water and spray the areas where carpenter bees are boring or have bored in the past. If you have an active infestation, we recommend the higher rating of 8 oz per gallon. Spray the surface in a spray pattern that clings to the surface.This will leave a repellent residue on the surface which will discourage the bees from drilling additional holes. Their holes are usually located on the underside of any wood surface including siding, soffits, overhangs, decks, fence posts, fascia boards and window frames. We recommend spraying twice during the spring at intervals of 3-4 weeks. For severe infestations of carpenter bees on cedar and log structures you may need to treat more frequently. Please use what you mix within 24 hours.
- Next fill the Clear Puffer Duster about halfway with Evergreen Dust and puff it into all accessible carpenter bee holes. Shake the duster vigorously and puff it 2 or 3 times into each hole. Holes that are too high to reach with the duster may have to be sprayed using the sprayer and the Insecticide. Setting the sprayer nozzle to a stream will allow it shoot much farther. Sometimes carpenter bee holes will be behind shutters, trim boards, gutters, etc. Dust or spray the area around their access point so that they have to crawl through some insecticide to get in or out.
- I know it’s tempting to seal the holes now, but we recommend waiting until the fall. This gives any surviving eggs or adults time to hatch and leave. When sealing the holes, be sure to use a sealant that can be painted over. Always read and follow the label instructions. Should you have any questions feel free to call us at 800-476-3368 or email us at E mail - Here