Chapin 8200A 80-Pound Residential Turf Spreader-With Edge Control
The Chapin 8200A 80-Pound Residential Turf Spreader features Chapin's Sure Spread technology for even distribution. This push spreader has a side baffle that gives you edge control for directional control of spread.
It has a 80 lb capacity with precise gate adjustment that allows a wide spread pattern for increased coverage. It has a slide gate with agitator to keep material moving. It comes with 12 in. pneumatic tires for stability that covers uneven terrain safely.
The 80 lb hopper is made of durable poly and it is supported by a rugged powder-coated steel frame. The gears are closed to protect from debris.
- Seed (grass & plant)
- Weed & Feed
- Coverage:Spread width up to 100 in.
- Chapin sure spread technology
- Durable poly hopper and rugged powder-coated steel frame
- Ergonomically designed bail system with U-shaped handle for easy operation with either hand
- Adjustable gate dial on the hopper to accurately control spread settings and side baffle for directional control of spread
- Slide gate with cast zinc-plated agitator to keep material flowing
- Enclosed acetal gears to protect from debris
- 12 in. pneumatic tires for stability over uneven terrain
- Hopper grate included
General Operation Instructions (from manual)
- Read the suggested setting on the material's label and bag or reference an application chart on spreader's control panel to determine setting. Set the dial to setting desired.
(It is important not to adjust dial while the gate is open and while holding bail down to avoid an inaccurate gate setting.)
- Start spreading by walking (about 3mph pace). To open the gate, pull the bail system down.
- Let the bail go to stop spreading, and the gate will close.