Chapin Wet/Dray Hose Sprayer -6005
The Chapin Wet or Dry Hose Sprayer, #6005 can be used for both liquid and water soluble granules with three different spray patterns. Use the liquid sprayer for lawn and garden chemicals and the dry clog free feeder for soluble plant foods and fertilizers. Using a hose end sprayer for high volume spraying in the yard is the easier than hand pump type of sprayers. This hose end sprayer is ideal for mosquito control in the yard.
- Spray Patterns: Bullet, flat spray, gentle shower-three distinct accurate patterns
- Back Flow Prevention Devise- Prevents flow of chemicals back into water system
- Free-Turning Hose Swivel-Easy to attach to our hose, even with a full jar.
- On/Off Thumb Switch- On a comfortable handle where it belongs. Easy to reach.
- Precision-Accurate mixture of chemical to water stream over the full range of pressures
- Product Selection Dial- Easy to turn dial. Clicks at each setting.
- Leakproof- In "Off" position
- Wet or Dry- Spray liquid or clog free products
- Made in America- long lasting design.
- Unscrew jar from sprayer.
- If using granules, remove straw from sprayer. If using liquid, make sure straw is attached to nipple on underside of sprayer.
- Place jar on flat surface. Pour in amount of liquid that will provide the amount of product you want. (Multiply the parts per gallon shown on the product label times the number of gallons you wish to make.) As a guide we are listing below the approximate coverage in square feet for the four liquid and one granular quantities available to you. Coverage is based on average operating pressure of 40 psi±
- 3 gallons-up to 800 square feet
- 6 gallons-up to 2,000 square feet
- 15 gallons-up to 5,000 square feet
- 20 gallons-up to 7,500 square feet
*Coverage is estimated and may vary with walking speed and water pressure.
- 1-1/4 lbs-up to 1,000 square feet
- 2-1/2 lbs-up to 2,000 square feet
- Rotate product dial to desired setting. In the case of granules, you may use any quantity in the jar you wish.
- The Chapin , 6005 Wet/ Dry Hose Sprayer comes with a straw/dip tube attached to the sprayer.
- The straw/dip tube must be used when spraying liquid and can not be used with spraying dry granule materials
- See Fig A, close-up illustration of product dial
Dry or Granular Side
- Remove sprayer from bottle and take straw off nipple on bottle of sprayer
- After removing straw, fill bottle with granules to the manufacturer's recommendation of coverage. Use the scale on the side as a guide. Put sprayer back into bottle.
- Screw sprayer on hose end using the hose swivel. Make sure thumb switch on top of handle is pushed all the way "forward". This is the off position.
- Dial your product knob counterclockwise to the "granular" setting found on the dry side of the dial. Select spray pattern you wish by turning head on the front of the sprayer. Be sure water switch is in forward or "off" position.
- Turn on water spigot or faucet for hose. Be sure thumb switch is in "off' position.
- Slide thumb switch back as far as it can to "on" position. Water will exit sprayer and begin to mix and fill the jar with granules in it. this creates a slurry which will begin to exit sprayer when jar contents are full.
Note: color of granules at the start will be seen as a dark color and will gradually lighten as you proceed. When the jar is clear, you are done. Unscrew jar and dump contents on your plant. Follow the manufacturer's directions for coverage.
Some products other than granules will not flow through a regular type of sprayer because they are too course. A clog-free sprayer is the only way to spray them.
When the product selector knob is in the “OFF" position, you may use your Wet or Dry Sprayer’ as a watering tool for your plants.
The Liquid Side
The liquid side must always be used with a straw/diptube.
- Remove lid and make sure straw is on the nipple on the bottom of the sprayer.
- First select the number of liters/gallons of product for the area you want to spray:
- 11 liters/3 gals.
- 23 liters/6 gals
- 57 liters/15 gals.
- 80 liters/21 gals.
- This means when you are out of product in the jar, you have sprayed the total liters/gallons of mixed product you have selected.
- After determining your needed liters/gallons quantity, multiply the number of liters/gallons desired times the quantity per liters/gallons recommended by the manufacturer. Pour it directly into the jar.
- Fill the jar with water to the line that represents the total liters/gallons you want to spray.
- Turn selection knob to the desired liters/gallons of spray setting. Do not turn water on while adjusting nozzle.
- Select desired spray pattern
- Spray until empty.
- Example: Say that you want to make and spray 57 liters/15 gallons of properly mixed product. The manufacturer's label tells you use 0.25 milliliters per liter/one ounce per gallon, you pour 110 milliliters/15 ounces of product into the jar. Then you pour water into the jar until the combined liquid level reaches ther 57 liter/15 gallon mark which is on the jar. Put sprayer on the jar and be sure dial is on the correct liter/gallon setting. When the sprayer is empty, you have sprayed 57 liters/15 gallons of properly mixed solution.
- Clear sprayer and jar by rinsing jar and filling partially full of clean water and spraying until empty. If particles are stuck and exit hole is blocked, carefully poke needle or straight pin through hole in bottom of sprayer at each setting. Sometimes, shaking the sprayer will suffice ort the use of fast repetitive water bursts(on-off).
- When the product selector knob is in the "OFF" position, you may use your Liquid and Clog Free Sprayer as a tool for watering your plants.