Baiting is a effective solution for most types of ant infestations. Ants have broad food preferences for their dietary needs.
They may choose to feed on sweet, protein, or greasy foods. We suggest to choose a bait or a combo of baits for all their preferences.
When baiting, pick areas of ant activity so the ants can find the bait and take it back to their colony, killing the whole colony. Sometimes baiting requires patience, it may take a couple of weeks to eliminate the colony.
Ant baits do not work with repellent insecticides. The repellent insecticides kill the foraging- worker ants from returning to the nest with the bait. Use a non-repellent insecticide such as Taurus SC, FUSE or Dominion 2L to enhance your bait program. These concentrated insecticides may only be used outside.
$36.89 As low as: $33.62
Maxforce Fleet Ant Gel with Fipronil provides a long-lasting, and fast choice for ant control. Maxforce Fleet is a carbohydrate-based gel with a high moisture content that gets rid of ants within 3-5 days. If the ants prefer a protein-based bait, they may ignore this bait.Learn More
$39.60 As low as: $32.72
Optigard Ant Bait Gel is a powerful, slow acting non-repellent. The active ingredient, thiamethoxam, knocks out workers, brood, and queens. Optigard is for indoor and outdoor control of structure-invading ants; excluding fire, harvester, and Pharaoh ants. Optigard Ant Bait Gel doesn't have the unsightly yellowish-brown color or the runny inconsistency of other baits.Learn More
Starting at: $31.05
Invict Blitz is a mega colony bait that is perfect for combating mega colony ants and persistent ants such as Argentine, Rasberry Crazy, Caribbean and Big-Headed ants. The active ingredient, imidaclorprid is included with a proprietary bait matrix that is a powerful combination. It may be used indoor, outdoor or truf use.Learn More
Starting at: $25.25
Advance 375A Ant Bait is a ready-to-use product for use in controlling Carpenter Ants, Fire Ants, Pharoah Ants, Odorous Ants, House Ants and other ants both indoors and outdoors. This bait formulation in Advance 375 A Select combines a bait mixture of foods and the delayed action insecticide, abamectin.
This protein-based bait ant bait acts to reduce the population of worker ants and can cause immediate halt in egg production resulting in colony elimination.Learn More
A complete ant kit to fit all the dietary needs for inside and outside, excluding fire ants, harvester and pharaoh ants. For use in Commercial, Industrial and Residential areas. A complete ant bait kit to fit all the dietary needs for inside and outside, excluding fire ants, harvester and pharaoh ants.
- (1) 8 oz Maxforce Complete Insect Bait
- (1 Box ) AdvionAnt Bait Gel- 4 x 30 gram syrings.
- (12) Intice Ant Bait Station Plates with lids
- Catchmaster 100i Insect Traps (3 boards-9 traps)
Starting at: $46.47
Tests have proven Advion Fire Ant Bait is one of the fastest baits for killing fire ants (2-3 days). Advion also eliminates the entire colony. Best time to bait Advion is when the ants are foraging for food (usually in mornings or evenings). Advion Fire Ant Bait also controls Bigheaded ants and Pavement ants.Learn More
Starting at: $20.55
Maxforce Complete Granular Insect Bait containing hydramethylnon is a combination of food based ingredients. Maxforce Complete Granular Insect Bait treats a wide variety of crawling insect pests such as ants, crickets, firebrats, silverfish, and roaches. Maxforce's exclusive Domino Effect delayed killing action allows insects to make several trips back to where they live and breed before they die. This Domino Effect provides better control of the population than contact poisons, which only kill the insects they touch.Learn More
Which Ant Bait ?
- Sweet based baits: Optigard Ant Bait Gel, Maxforce Carpenter Ant Bait Gel, Advion Ant Bait Gel, Maxforce FC, Gelanimo, Intice Thiquid, Intice SmartGel, Maxforce Quantum are baits for sweet based foraging.
- Optigard Ant Bait Gel is the top recommendation for general house hold ants that are on their sweet feeding cycles (Excludes harvester, fire and pharoah ants). For Pharoah ants, choose Advion Ant Gel.
- Maxforce Carpenter Ant Gel is the top choice for carpenter ants on their sweet cycle, although Optigard works very well.
- Proteins based baits: Advance 375 A, Maxforce Ant Bait Stations, Advion Ant Bait Arena, Invict Xpress, Invict Blitz, Maxforce Complete will attract ants foraging for protein substances.
- Advance 375A is the top recommendation for carpenter ants and general household ants.
- If you are dealing with a "mega-colony" ant such as a crazy ant or argentine ant, choose Invict Xpress or Invict Blitz.
- Combination baits (Sweet, Protein and Grease) : Maxforce Complete , InVict AB Insect Paste -fulfills protein, sweet and greasy ranges.(Not recommended for the larger carpenter ants). We have had mixed results with combination baits.
- Fire Ant Baits: Extinquish Plus Fire Ant Bait, Advion Fire Ant Bait , and Maxforce FC Fire Ant Bait are specially designed just for fire ants without attracting birds like Amdro. Bait for fire ants on sunny days, excessive rain will take out the bait.You will want to sprinkle this bait around the mound, instead of directly on top of the mound.
- Extinquish Plus Fire Ant Bait is the recommended bait among the fire ant baits, however it is slow acting. Combine it with Martin's Surrender Fire Ant Bait as a spot treatment around troublesome mounds.
- We have combined Extinquish Plus and Surrender in a kit called, Texas 2 Step.
- Ant Baiting Tips