Baiting is a effective solution for most types of ant infestations. Ants have broad food preferences for their dietary needs.
They may choose to feed on sweet, protein, or greasy foods. We suggest to choose a bait or a combo of baits for all their preferences.
When baiting, pick areas of ant activity so the ants can find the bait and take it back to their colony, killing the whole colony. Sometimes baiting requires patience, it may take a couple of weeks to eliminate the colony.
Ant baits do not work with repellent insecticides. The repellent insecticides kill the foraging- worker ants from returning to the nest with the bait. Use a non-repellent insecticide such as Taurus SC, FUSE or Dominion 2L to enhance your bait program. These concentrated insecticides may only be used outside.
$36.89 As low as: $33.62
Maxforce Fleet Ant Gel with Fipronil provides a long-lasting, and fast choice for ant control. Maxforce Fleet is a carbohydrate-based gel with a high moisture content that gets rid of ants within 3-5 days. If the ants prefer a protein-based bait, they may ignore this bait.Learn More
$30.28 As low as: $28.77ADVION ant bait gel has a highly attractive bait formulation to be attractive to all major species of ants. Advion ant bait gel by Dupont contains the new active ingredient, Indoxacarb, a powerful, nonrepellent insecticide. Advion Ant Bait Gel is a slight delayed action kill, and can be exposed to other ants by feeding or grooming targeting the whole colony. Even though Advion will help eliminate ants within days of application, this non-staining formulation maintains its integrity for extended periods of time. This allows ants to consume more bait over an extended period, resulting in thorough control of the entire infestation. It is a non-staining formulation and translucent.
Packaging: (4) 30 gram syringes per box Learn More
Starting at: $25.25
Advance 375A Ant Bait is a ready-to-use product for use in controlling Carpenter Ants, Fire Ants, Pharoah Ants, Odorous Ants, House Ants and other ants both indoors and outdoors. This bait formulation in Advance 375 A Select combines a bait mixture of foods and the delayed action insecticide, abamectin.
This protein-based bait ant bait acts to reduce the population of worker ants and can cause immediate halt in egg production resulting in colony elimination.Learn More
A complete ant kit to fit all the dietary needs for inside and outside, excluding fire ants, harvester and pharaoh ants. For use in Commercial, Industrial and Residential areas. A complete ant bait kit to fit all the dietary needs for inside and outside, excluding fire ants, harvester and pharaoh ants.
- (1) 8 oz Maxforce Complete Insect Bait
- (1 Box ) AdvionAnt Bait Gel- 4 x 30 gram syrings.
- (12) Intice Ant Bait Station Plates with lids
- Catchmaster 100i Insect Traps (3 boards-9 traps)
Starting at: $20.55
Maxforce Complete Granular Insect Bait containing hydramethylnon is a combination of food based ingredients. Maxforce Complete Granular Insect Bait treats a wide variety of crawling insect pests such as ants, crickets, firebrats, silverfish, and roaches. Maxforce's exclusive Domino Effect delayed killing action allows insects to make several trips back to where they live and breed before they die. This Domino Effect provides better control of the population than contact poisons, which only kill the insects they touch.Learn More
$37.05 As low as: $32.82Advion Ant Bait Arena by Dupont uses the same active ingredient indoxacarb, as Advion Ant Bait Gel. Indoxacarb is a slow-acting poison which allows enough time for foraging ants to go back to their ant nests and contaminate other colony ants including larvae and queens. This would destroy the whole colony. Adhesive backs are included so that the stations can be mounted on surfaces such as the corners and sidewalls of cabinets.Use about 1-4 stations per location of ant infestations. No odor and very easy to use
Packaging: Each bag contains 30 stations Learn More
$29.82 As low as: $28.50Maxforce FC Ant Bait Stations - 24 individual Max Force Ant bait stations - active ingredient: Fipronil (FC)
Maxforce FC Ant Bait Stations work for Pharoah, Argentine, red imported, acrobat, pavement ants, and more.
Use 3-4 stations in an average room, 6-8 for heavier infestations.
$33.85 As low as: $29.90Bayer's Maxforce Quantum Ant Bait with Imidacloprid is a high performance, low impact, ant bait that remains effective for up to three months. Maxforce Quantum Ant Bait controls many ant species, including Argentine ants, Pharaoh ants, ghost ants, black garden ants, odorous house ants, and crazy ants.
May be used inside or outside.
1 Unit :120 gram(4.23 oz) bottle with 10 clear ant bait stationsLearn More
Which Ant Bait ?
- Sweet based baits: Optigard Ant Bait Gel, Maxforce Carpenter Ant Bait Gel, Advion Ant Bait Gel, Maxforce FC, Gelanimo, Intice Thiquid, Intice SmartGel, Maxforce Quantum are baits for sweet based foraging.
- Optigard Ant Bait Gel is the top recommendation for general house hold ants that are on their sweet feeding cycles (Excludes harvester, fire and pharoah ants). For Pharoah ants, choose Advion Ant Gel.
- Maxforce Carpenter Ant Gel is the top choice for carpenter ants on their sweet cycle, although Optigard works very well.
- Proteins based baits: Advance 375 A, Maxforce Ant Bait Stations, Advion Ant Bait Arena, Invict Xpress, Invict Blitz, Maxforce Complete will attract ants foraging for protein substances.
- Advance 375A is the top recommendation for carpenter ants and general household ants.
- If you are dealing with a "mega-colony" ant such as a crazy ant or argentine ant, choose Invict Xpress or Invict Blitz.
- Combination baits (Sweet, Protein and Grease) : Maxforce Complete , InVict AB Insect Paste -fulfills protein, sweet and greasy ranges.(Not recommended for the larger carpenter ants). We have had mixed results with combination baits.
- Fire Ant Baits: Extinquish Plus Fire Ant Bait, Advion Fire Ant Bait , and Maxforce FC Fire Ant Bait are specially designed just for fire ants without attracting birds like Amdro. Bait for fire ants on sunny days, excessive rain will take out the bait.You will want to sprinkle this bait around the mound, instead of directly on top of the mound.
- Extinquish Plus Fire Ant Bait is the recommended bait among the fire ant baits, however it is slow acting. Combine it with Martin's Surrender Fire Ant Bait as a spot treatment around troublesome mounds.
- We have combined Extinquish Plus and Surrender in a kit called, Texas 2 Step.
- Ant Baiting Tips