Baiting is a effective solution for most types of ant infestations. Ants have broad food preferences for their dietary needs.
They may choose to feed on sweet, protein, or greasy foods. We suggest to choose a bait or a combo of baits for all their preferences.
When baiting, pick areas of ant activity so the ants can find the bait and take it back to their colony, killing the whole colony. Sometimes baiting requires patience, it may take a couple of weeks to eliminate the colony.
Ant baits do not work with repellent insecticides. The repellent insecticides kill the foraging- worker ants from returning to the nest with the bait. Use a non-repellent insecticide such as Taurus SC, FUSE or Dominion 2L to enhance your bait program. These concentrated insecticides may only be used outside.
$39.60 As low as: $32.72
Optigard Ant Bait Gel is a powerful, slow acting non-repellent. The active ingredient, thiamethoxam, knocks out workers, brood, and queens. Optigard is for indoor and outdoor control of structure-invading ants; excluding fire, harvester, and Pharaoh ants. Optigard Ant Bait Gel doesn't have the unsightly yellowish-brown color or the runny inconsistency of other baits.Learn More
Starting at: $31.05
Invict Blitz is a mega colony bait that is perfect for combating mega colony ants and persistent ants such as Argentine, Rasberry Crazy, Caribbean and Big-Headed ants. The active ingredient, imidaclorprid is included with a proprietary bait matrix that is a powerful combination. It may be used indoor, outdoor or truf use.Learn More
$33.85 As low as: $29.90Bayer's Maxforce Quantum Ant Bait with Imidacloprid is a high performance, low impact, ant bait that remains effective for up to three months. Maxforce Quantum Ant Bait controls many ant species, including Argentine ants, Pharaoh ants, ghost ants, black garden ants, odorous house ants, and crazy ants.
May be used inside or outside.
1 Unit :120 gram(4.23 oz) bottle with 10 clear ant bait stationsLearn More
Starting at: $16.95Terro PCO Ant Bait is a borate based liquid with special attractant for sweet feeding ants. Foraging sweet feeding ants not only readily feed on this sweet ant bait, but take this liquid bait back to the colony nest, eventually eliminating the entire colony. Terro-PCO Ant Bait is very fast acting with a higher percentage of the active ingredient, Sodioum Tetraborate Decahydrate (5.40%) than other ant baits with the same active ingredient. After eating this boron bait, the ant's metabolism is destroyed; not able to extract nutrition, the ant dies. bait. Learn More
Starting at: $33.50
Intice Gelanimo Ant Bait is a high-moisture gel similar to gelatin, and allows ants to feed over the entire surface of the bait, so more ants can feed at once without drowning in the bait. Ants can also cut pieces of Intice Gelanimo Ant Bait and carry it back to the nestLearn More
$11.25 As low as: $8.98InTice "Thiquid" Ant Bait is a thick, syrup bait which is highly effective against a wide range of pest ants.
The thick syrupy consistancy and premium food ingredients make InTice Thiquid Ant Bait accepted by a much wider ant population that may be resitant to other ant baits
May be used as a spot application, the fully labeled 4 oz dropper bottle is convenient and easy to use.
Which Ant Bait ?
- Sweet based baits: Optigard Ant Bait Gel, Maxforce Carpenter Ant Bait Gel, Advion Ant Bait Gel, Maxforce FC, Gelanimo, Intice Thiquid, Intice SmartGel, Maxforce Quantum are baits for sweet based foraging.
- Optigard Ant Bait Gel is the top recommendation for general house hold ants that are on their sweet feeding cycles (Excludes harvester, fire and pharoah ants). For Pharoah ants, choose Advion Ant Gel.
- Maxforce Carpenter Ant Gel is the top choice for carpenter ants on their sweet cycle, although Optigard works very well.
- Proteins based baits: Advance 375 A, Maxforce Ant Bait Stations, Advion Ant Bait Arena, Invict Xpress, Invict Blitz, Maxforce Complete will attract ants foraging for protein substances.
- Advance 375A is the top recommendation for carpenter ants and general household ants.
- If you are dealing with a "mega-colony" ant such as a crazy ant or argentine ant, choose Invict Xpress or Invict Blitz.
- Combination baits (Sweet, Protein and Grease) : Maxforce Complete , InVict AB Insect Paste -fulfills protein, sweet and greasy ranges.(Not recommended for the larger carpenter ants). We have had mixed results with combination baits.
- Fire Ant Baits: Extinquish Plus Fire Ant Bait, Advion Fire Ant Bait , and Maxforce FC Fire Ant Bait are specially designed just for fire ants without attracting birds like Amdro. Bait for fire ants on sunny days, excessive rain will take out the bait.You will want to sprinkle this bait around the mound, instead of directly on top of the mound.
- Extinquish Plus Fire Ant Bait is the recommended bait among the fire ant baits, however it is slow acting. Combine it with Martin's Surrender Fire Ant Bait as a spot treatment around troublesome mounds.
- We have combined Extinquish Plus and Surrender in a kit called, Texas 2 Step.
- Ant Baiting Tips