Baiting is a effective solution for most types of ant infestations. Ants have broad food preferences for their dietary needs.
They may choose to feed on sweet, protein, or greasy foods. We suggest to choose a bait or a combo of baits for all their preferences.
When baiting, pick areas of ant activity so the ants can find the bait and take it back to their colony, killing the whole colony. Sometimes baiting requires patience, it may take a couple of weeks to eliminate the colony.
Ant baits do not work with repellent insecticides. The repellent insecticides kill the foraging- worker ants from returning to the nest with the bait. Use a non-repellent insecticide such as Taurus SC, FUSE or Dominion 2L to enhance your bait program. These concentrated insecticides may only be used outside.
The Mega-Colony Ant Kit works very well against the mega-colony ants such as Argentine and Crazy Ants. Megacolony ants have several queens and are numerous. They are invasive and difficult to control with just a single product. We have combined a kit that contains both a sweet based ant bait and protein based ant bait that works well on mega-colony ants. These baits may be applied both inside and outside. Also included in the kit is a non-repellent insecticide, called Dominion 2L. As a non-repellent, the ants can not detect it in an attempt to avoid. it. The ants will pick it up on their feet and take it back to the colony, distributing it throughout the colony as they groom themselves.Learn More
Starting at: $54.19
Combine the two most effective baits for carpenter ant control. The Advance 375A is a granulated bait that provides the protein/grease dietary needs. The Fleet Ant Bait Gel supplies the sugar/sweet nutritional needs. Locate carpenter ant trails and place both baits on their trails. The best time to find carpenter ant trails is at sunset or night. You will find them traveling on the corners and edges of your house.Learn More
Two types of baits to use for carpenter ants. The Advance 375 A Select Bait may be used for other ants as well and will feed their protein requirements. The Maxforce Fleet Ant Gel is an excellent bait to feed their sugar requirements and is fast acting. The ants will either take one or the other, depending on the needs of that certain ant colony.
Taurus SC is the preferred choice of insecticide, because it is a non repellent insecticide. Because the ants can't detect it, they don't avoid it, tracking it back to the nest. Taurus SC is to be used outside only.Learn More
Starting at: $8.90
Ants No More - Ant Bait Stations hold two different baits at the same time. Stick these ruggedly designed bait stations directly into the ground outside or inside in soil of pots and planters. Place these stations out where the ants are foraging. Tamperproof and waterproof, this design will not let the bait spill out of the entry points.Learn More
Starting at: $15.95Intice 10 Perimeter Bait is a broad spectrum granular bait with 10% boric acid, killing roaches, crickets, mole crickets,sowbugs, pillbugs,earwigs and more insects. The specialized bait matrix contains two oils, protein and a carbohydrate, for broad spectrum acceptance and control and may be used indoors,outdoors and on turfs. The increased amount of boric acid cuts the application rate in half and makes InTice 10 the most economical bait on the market.
$36.89 As low as: $33.62
Maxforce Fleet Ant Gel with Fipronil provides a long-lasting, and fast choice for ant control. Maxforce Fleet is a carbohydrate-based gel with a high moisture content that gets rid of ants within 3-5 days. If the ants prefer a protein-based bait, they may ignore this bait.Learn More
Which Ant Bait ?
- Sweet based baits: Optigard Ant Bait Gel, Maxforce Carpenter Ant Bait Gel, Advion Ant Bait Gel, Maxforce FC, Gelanimo, Intice Thiquid, Intice SmartGel, Maxforce Quantum are baits for sweet based foraging.
- Optigard Ant Bait Gel is the top recommendation for general house hold ants that are on their sweet feeding cycles (Excludes harvester, fire and pharoah ants). For Pharoah ants, choose Advion Ant Gel.
- Maxforce Carpenter Ant Gel is the top choice for carpenter ants on their sweet cycle, although Optigard works very well.
- Proteins based baits: Advance 375 A, Maxforce Ant Bait Stations, Advion Ant Bait Arena, Invict Xpress, Invict Blitz, Maxforce Complete will attract ants foraging for protein substances.
- Advance 375A is the top recommendation for carpenter ants and general household ants.
- If you are dealing with a "mega-colony" ant such as a crazy ant or argentine ant, choose Invict Xpress or Invict Blitz.
- Combination baits (Sweet, Protein and Grease) : Maxforce Complete , InVict AB Insect Paste -fulfills protein, sweet and greasy ranges.(Not recommended for the larger carpenter ants). We have had mixed results with combination baits.
- Fire Ant Baits: Extinquish Plus Fire Ant Bait, Advion Fire Ant Bait , and Maxforce FC Fire Ant Bait are specially designed just for fire ants without attracting birds like Amdro. Bait for fire ants on sunny days, excessive rain will take out the bait.You will want to sprinkle this bait around the mound, instead of directly on top of the mound.
- Extinquish Plus Fire Ant Bait is the recommended bait among the fire ant baits, however it is slow acting. Combine it with Martin's Surrender Fire Ant Bait as a spot treatment around troublesome mounds.
- We have combined Extinquish Plus and Surrender in a kit called, Texas 2 Step.
- Ant Baiting Tips