Fire Ant Identification and Treatment
- reddish brown in color
- 1/8 to 1/4 inch in length
- painful sting
- proportionate body size
- mounds, rotting logs, and around stumps and trees
- open pastures, fields, parks and lawns
- primarily southern United States and east of the Rocky Mountains
The “Texas Two-Step” method of Fire Ant control, developed by Texas A&M University has been nothing short of remarkable. The method is simple
- Step 1: Broadcast a fire ant bait in the spring and again in the fall.
- Step 2: In 7 to 10 days treat any surviving or new mounds with a direct contact dust.
That's it! But don't let the fact that it is simple fool you. It is an extremely effective fire ant treatment used by farms, government agencies, and homeowners.
Our: Texas 2 Step Fire Ant Kit contains Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait for long term control and Surrender Fire Ant Killer for quick kill.
- Apply baits when rain or dew is not expected for at least five hours. Once the bait becomes soggy, it is not as attractive to the ants.
- Avoid disturbing or “stirring up” the ants right before applying either product.
- More Information : Get Rid of Fire Ants