General Household Ants (Inside)
General Household Ant
-Odorous House Ants
-Little Black Ants
-Ghost Ant (Black Headed Ants)
- These ants are the most common ants you are going to find foraging inside. Treatment for these ants is very similar and here are the top methods of treatment:
- Baiting is great if you already have the problem inside
- Find the trail or nest and apply bait.
- Use either a sweet or protein bait, they cycle which they need so using both might be necessary
- Use a slow acting bait so ants can take the bait back to their colony or nest
- most effective way to eliminate and prevent ant problems
- use a non-repellent insecticide such as Taurus SC, FUSE or Dominion 2L Insecticide on the outside of your house. Taurus SC and FUSE are the top recommendations, but may only be sprayed around the perimeter.
- Use Phantom Aerosol or Alpine Aerosol PT on the inside.
Recommended Non-Repellent Aerosol
3. Ant Kits
- these combine both sweet and protein baits as well as non-repellent insecticides
- most complete and effective method of treating ant problems
- Ant Bait Treatment: Bait with Advion Ant Bait Gel or Optigard Ant Bait Gel (for sugar feeding cycle) combined with Advance 375A, Maxforce Complete, Invict Xpress or Invict Blitz (for protein feeding cycle).
- Mega Colony Ants (Crazy or Argentine Ants) : Use Optigard Ant Bait (sugar needs), Invict Xpress or Invict Blitz (protein needs). Also Dominion 2L sprayed in the yard works well combined with the baits. Invict Xpress Granular Bait works very quickly and is labeled for other insects as well. Invict Blitz(protein needs) does a great job on mega-colony ants and persistent ants such as Argentine, Rasberry Crazy, Caribbean and Big-Headed ants, however it can only be sold in Ga, Fl, LA, or TX. The Mega Colony Ant Kit has a combination of products (sugar and protein based baits + Dominon 2L) for increased savings.
- Pharoah Ants: use Advion Arena or Advance 375A (protein needs) and Advion Ant Bait Gel(sugar needs). We have the Advion Indoor Pharoah Kit combined to save money.
- After inspecting for their activity, place baits in their trails.
- Alternative Method (using non-repellent sprays): Non-repellent sprays are most effective against ants. The ants do not detect the chemical and do not attempt to escape from it.
- Spray Taurus SC, FUSE or Dominion 2L Insecticide on the outside of your house. Taurus SC and FUSE are the top recommendations, but may only be sprayed around the perimter.
- Use Phantom Aerosol or Alpine Aerosol PT on the inside.
- FUSE and Taurus SC also kills other crawling insects, but may not be used inside.You may also use ant bait when using these non-repellent sprays
- Note: Baits and Sprays can be combined for maximum effect, but the spray must be a non-repellent such as Taurus SC, FUSE Insecticide, Dominion 2L, Phantom or Alpine Aerosol PT
- More Information: Get Rid of Household Ants
Starting at: $43.50
Taurus SC Insecticide and Termiticide with 9.1 % Fipronil has the same active ingredient and label as the well known Termidor SC. Taurus SC is a non-repellent insecticide labeled for termite treatments and home perimeter treatments. Since Taurus is a non-repellent, the insects do not know it is there, so they don't make attempts to avoid it. They will cross over it, and consume or spread Taurus SC throughout the entire colony. It is a water-based suspension concentrate for pre and post-construction termite applications, and to control perimeter pests.
Taurus SC will exterminate termite colonies in a little as 3 months on average. As an ant control product it is proven to be a very effective ant killer working in just a couple of weeks.Learn More
Starting at: $12.98ADVION ant bait gel has a highly attractive bait formulation to be attractive to all major species of ants. Advion ant bait gel by Dupont contains the new active ingredient, Indoxacarb, a powerful, nonrepellent insecticide. Advion Ant Bait Gel is a slight delayed action kill, and can be exposed to other ants by feeding or grooming targeting the whole colony. Even though Advion will help eliminate ants within days of application, this non-staining formulation maintains its integrity for extended periods of time. This allows ants to consume more bait over an extended period, resulting in thorough control of the entire infestation. It is a non-staining formulation and translucent. Learn More
The Mega-Colony Ant Kit works very well against the mega-colony ants such as Argentine and Crazy Ants. Megacolony ants have several queens and are numerous. They are invasive and difficult to control with just a single product. We have combined a kit that contains both a sweet based ant bait and protein based ant bait that works well on mega-colony ants. These baits may be applied both inside and outside. Also included in the kit is a non-repellent insecticide, called Dominion 2L. As a non-repellent, the ants can not detect it in an attempt to avoid. it. The ants will pick it up on their feet and take it back to the colony, distributing it throughout the colony as they groom themselves.Learn More
Taurus SC may be used outside with around the perimeter and possible entry points (windows and doors). The Spectre Aerosol, with its crack and crevice tool, may be used inside for ant control.Learn More
A complete ant kit to fit all the dietary needs for inside and outside, excluding fire ants, harvester and pharaoh ants. For use in Commercial, Industrial and Residential areas. A complete ant bait kit to fit all the dietary needs for inside and outside, excluding fire ants, harvester and pharaoh ants.
- (1) 8 oz Maxforce Complete Insect Bait
- (1 Box ) AdvionAnt Bait Gel- 4 x 30 gram syrings.
- (12) Intice Ant Bait Station Plates with lids
- Trapper Monitor 2600 traps (3 boards-9 traps)
Starting at: $25.30
Advance 375A Ant Bait is a ready-to-use product for use in controlling Carpenter Ants, Fire Ants, Pharoah Ants, Odorous Ants, House Ants and other ants both indoors and outdoors. This bait formulation in Advance 375 A Select combines a bait mixture of foods and the delayed action insecticide, abamectin.
This protein-based bait ant bait acts to reduce the population of worker ants and can cause immediate halt in egg production resulting in colony elimination.Learn More
Starting at: $72.90
FUSE insecticide/termiticide uses a combination of active ingredients with various modes of action for an unique and effective product. This combined chemistry by Control Solutions uses two non-repellents, imidacloprid and fipronil for very effective termite and perimeter pest control applications. It not only controls termites and ants, but a number of outside perimeter pests.Learn More
$39.90 As low as: $33.90
Optigard Ant Bait Gel is a powerful, slow acting non-repellent. The active ingredient, thiamethoxam, knocks out workers, brood, and queens. Optigard is for indoor and outdoor control of structure-invading ants; excluding fire, harvester, and Pharaoh ants. Optigard Ant Bait Gel doesn't have the unsightly yellowish-brown color or the runny inconsistency of other baits.Learn More
$27.00 As low as: $21.75Alpine aerosol pressurized insecticide with Dinotefuran is not only a very safe insecticide (reduced risk ) but is a nonrepellent aerosol(insects don't know it is there) for control of crawling and flying insects. Alpine works great on insecticide-resistant bed bugs.
Also labeled for ants, beetles, flies and more.
Three great features: Reduced Risk , Non Repellent (insects don't know where it is) and effective against many resistant insects.
Alpine Aerosol is approved for use in New York.
Can not be shipped by expedited choices, per air regulations.Learn More