Bed Bug Control
Bed Bug Basics
Step 1: Cleaning
Eliminate all clutter in the room. Throw out unwanted possessions or isolate them for up to 6 months. For possessions that can not be put in the dryer, we recommend using Nuvan Strips.
Step 2: Inspection
Step 3: Treatment
Treatment is the most crucial part of eliminating your bed bug infestation. Most bed bugs will be on or near the bed, but you must treat the entire room with a mixture of residual insecticides, aerosols and dusts to eliminate the infestation. Examples of these areas are night stands, dressers, base boards, door frames and decorative wall items. We have multiple kits with everything you need to help eliminate your infestation. Click here for farther detail on how to treat for bed bugs.
Step 4: Prevention and Monitoring
The most effective way to reduce the chance of having a bed bug infestation is prevention and monitoring.
Pro Tip: You can simplify the job of treating the mattress by installing mattress encasements and box spring encasements. Without encasements you will have to treat your mattress using a product such as Cimexa dust, Steri-Fab, or Bedlam Plus. With or without mattress encasements you will still need to treat the bed frame.
Polti's Cimex Eradicator is a unique steamer that is a heated dry steam machine that can produce steam at 356° F. No other steamer on the market can reach that temperature. A patented steam disinfection nozzle is connected to the steam generated boiler. The Cimex Eradictor's delivery nozzle also super heats the steam in its patented chamber and is ergonomic and lightweight. The steam flow can penetrate hard-to-reach places where bed bugs hide making bed bug treatment simple.Learn More
Starting at: $78.14
Temprid FX Insecticide has the same dual active ingredients and percentages as Temprid SC but has changed the label for more flexibility allowing for foliar application. It has both the residual control of imidacloprid (21 %)and the broad spectrum control of beta-cyfluthrin (10.5%). The "FX" stands for flexibility, which comes in handy for outdoor perimeter pest treatments, including landscape ornamentals (non-blooming), trees and shrubs without risk of phytotoxicity. Treatment of occasional invader pests becomes manageable, with the included foliar allowance when done early in the season.Learn More
Starting at: $9.50
SenSci Activ Bed Bug Lure is to be used with the Sen Sci Volcano Detectors. It was developed by Rutgers University, to help attract the bed bugs to the monitor.This lure mimics the chemicals on the skin to attract bed bugs. Bed Bug will start sensing the attractant within a day, and it will last 2-3 months.
These lures are designed for the SenSci Volcano Bed Bug Detectors, but will work with any bed bug monitor.Learn More
$33.50 As low as: $25.50
CrossFire Aerosol combines two active ingredients to provide a fast knockdown and residual action. As with CrossFire Insecticide concentrate, it kills all stages of the life stages of the bed bugs (eggs, nymphs, and adults). It is particularly made to combat and kill pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs. As an added feature, it has no signal word on its label. The toxicity level is very low, reducing hazards to humans, non-targeted animals and the environment.Learn More
Starting at: $45.02
CrossFire combines two active ingredients with two different modes of action that kill bed bugs. Both active ingredients attack their nervous systems. This new combination of active ingredients combat pyrethroid-resistant bed bugs. It not only gives you a quick kill (within 5 minutes) but keeps killing bed bugs with its residual ingredients (30 days). It will effect all the stages of the bed bugs (adult, nymphs, and eggs).Learn More
$46.95 As low as: $37.95Nuvan Directed Spray Aerosol is an effective pesticide that will help eliminate ants, bed bugs, bed bug eggs, bees, cockroaches, flies, wasps, and more. Nuvan Directed Spray Aerosol is an extension of the Nuvan Prostrips. It uses Dichlorvos as its active ingredient and it guarantees to kill insect pests on contact and through vapor action. This aerosol pesticide is ideal to use on hard to reach areas in and around apartments, commercial buildings, hotels, motels, factories, warehouses, industrial buildings, and more. Once the spray has dried, people and pets can enter the treated area which is usually two hours after application. Learn More
No Mix Bed Bug Kit Bed bug Kit is ready to use, without any mixing of chemicals. For residential and commercial use. Treats 1-2 bedrooms twice.Learn More
2 Cans of Temprid Ready Spray Pressurized Aerosols (for use on bedroom furniture - ex, dressers and night stands)
1- 4 oz. Cimexa Dust and bulb duster. (6 month residual treatment for places you can't see - ex, behind baseboards and electrical outlets - also for use on mattresses
Commercial Bed Bug Kit provides larger amount of products to kill bed bugs.
- 1-Temprid SC 400ml ( yields 25 gal - for bed bug hiding places like boxsprings and baseboards, and mattresses)
- 2- Cimexa Dust 4 oz containers (6 month residual treatment for places you can't see - ex, behind baseboards and electrical outlets - also for use on mattresses)
- 1-B&G Dust-R Bulb Duster #1150-14 oz
- 4 Cans of Temprid Ready Spray Aerosols ( for use on furniture, ex, dressers and night stands)
More information : Bed Bug Treatments
Click Here: Bed Bug Control Video in Spanish/Español
Bed Bug Inspection
- Remove items from the floor. Dismantle bed frames and remove drawers from desk and dressers.
- If you are not using bed bug certified mattress encasements, inspect mattress and box springs for any tears where the bed bugs may be hiding.
- Fill cracks around baseboards and moldings to further reduce hiding places for bed bugs .
- Infested garments need to be laundered in hot water (120°F minimum). If washing is not available, sometimes heating the garments or bed linen for several minutes in a clothes dryer may work.
Inspection Check List:
- Cracks and crevices in head and foot boards, attached side railings and supports
- Inspect mattresses top, sides and bottom. Check all buttons, seams and rips.
- Inspect electrical switch plates, pictures on walls, wall posters
- Inspect cracks in plaster or seams in wall paper.
- Inspect electrical appliances, radios, phones, televisions, ect.
- Inspect tack strips under wall-to-wall carpeting and behind baseboards
- BDS bed bug detection system will help monitor where the bed bugs would be hiding.