Bed Bug Control
Bed Bug Basics
Step 1: Cleaning
Eliminate all clutter in the room. Throw out unwanted possessions or isolate them for up to 6 months. For possessions that can not be put in the dryer, we recommend using Nuvan Strips.
Step 2: Inspection
Step 3: Treatment
Treatment is the most crucial part of eliminating your bed bug infestation. Most bed bugs will be on or near the bed, but you must treat the entire room with a mixture of residual insecticides, aerosols and dusts to eliminate the infestation. Examples of these areas are night stands, dressers, base boards, door frames and decorative wall items. We have multiple kits with everything you need to help eliminate your infestation. Click here for farther detail on how to treat for bed bugs.
Step 4: Prevention and Monitoring
The most effective way to reduce the chance of having a bed bug infestation is prevention and monitoring. After all the effort in getting rid of your bed bugs, monitor them and finally sleep in peace !
Pro Tip: You can simplify the job of treating the mattress by installing mattress encasements and box spring encasements. Without encasements you will have to treat your mattress using a product such as Cimexa dust, Steri-Fab, or Bedlam Plus. With or without mattress encasements you will still need to treat the bed frame.
Starting at: $74.50
Alpine Bed Bug Dust
Prescription Treatment brand Alpine Dust Insecticide
Alpine dust insecticide is the industry's first and only Reduced Risk non repellent dust for broad-spectrum control of crawling and flying insects. Alpine Dust may be used for bed bugs, ants and stinging insects.Learn More
$14.75 As low as: $10.20
D-Fense Dustis a new Deltamethrin Dust, (Compare to Delta Dust). D-Fense Dust is a ready to use insecticide dust which gives an effective knockdown and residual control of up to 8 months if undisturbed.D-Fense Dust targets many insects such as ants, bees, cockroaches, fleas, silverfish, ticks, termites, and numerous stored product pests.Defense Dust will not clump or absorb moisture as some dusts and is non-staining and odorless.Learn More
Active Ingredient: 0.05 Deltamethrin
Can not send to CT
Starting at: $21.50
Active Ingredient in Delta Dust s Deltamethrin. Delta Dust is a long term residual dust that kills crawling and flying insects. Delta Dust treats for up to 8 months when left undisturbed. Odorless and non staining, Delta Dust does not clump or absorb moisture. 1 lb of Delta Dust treats approx. 1000sq/ft.Learn More
B&G Bulb Dust-R M1150 by B&G equipment is a heavy duty bulb duster that hold 1 cup of dust or granules. This duster by B&G Equipment is very versatile with it's plastic extension tubes and belt-clip.Learn More
The B&G Bulb Dust-R M1150 comes with plastic extension tubes that provide safe crack-and-crevice application around electrical outlets, and one extension can be used as a siphon tube in the bulb when applying granules. The bulb is made of natural rubber for maximum flexibility and long life along with featuring a "No Gasket" seal.
$16.10 As low as: $14.25
Out of stock
- Bellow Bulb Hand Duster is a perfect duster for small dusting applications. This bellow duster has a spring that is compressed in order to release the dust.
- This duster will hold between 4 oz to 8 oz of dry dust. It would depend on the dry weight of the dust.
- Has a rod for easy cleaning.
- Can be held upright, or inverted for better dust dispersion.
- Fill the bellow duster half way with a dust such as CimeXa Dust, D Fense Dust, Delta Dust , Drione Dust or other dusts.
- When you squeeze the duster, the dust will come out of the end tip.This will allow you to inject dust into places like wall voids, light switch plates, and crack and crevices or any other places insects like to hide.
Click Here: Bed Bug Control Video in Spanish/Español
Bed Bug Inspection
It is important to inspect areas where bed bugs are hiding. In infested bedrooms, these bed bugs will not be far from an occupied bed. Bed bugs are attracted to the carbon dioxide that is exhaled while you sleep.
Even if the bed bugs are not visibly seen, their fecal material will be evident. It is important to reduce the clutter your room and remove items from the floor. It would be helpful to dismantle bed frames and remove drawers from desk and drawers for thorough inspections.
Inspection Check List:
- Check cracks and crevices in head and foot boards, attached side railings and supports
- Inspect mattresses top, sides and bottom. Check all buttons, seams, and rips.
- Inspect electrical switch plates, pictures on walls, wall posters
- Inspect cracks in plaster or seams in wallpaper.
- Inspect electrical appliances, radios, phones, televisions, ect.
- Inspect tack strips under wall-to-wall carpeting and behind baseboards
- BDS bed bug detection system will help monitor where the bed bugs would be hiding.
Infested Garments and Mattresses/Boxsprings
Infested garments need to be laundered in hot water (120°F minimum). If washing is not available, sometimes heating the garments or bed linen for several minutes in a clothes dryer may work. If you are not using bed bug certified mattress encasements, inspect mattress and box springs for any tears where the bed bugs may be hiding.