Silverfish and Firebrat Control
- Silverfish live in high moisture conditions. Dehumidifying reduces the moisture content and will help with silverfish control. Use a dehumidifier if necessary. Other methods of dehumidying include ventilation, running the air conditioner and eliminate all standing water.
- Fix any faulty plumbing that may have caused leaks that may have increased moisture conditions.
- Silverfish live in dark and moist environments. They feed on wallpaper pastes, natural textiles, books, and papers.
- Find source of feeding ( wall paper, books, storage boxes) and reduce moisture
- They may be coming in from the outside. Spray the perimeter of your house with a high quality residual spray like LambdaStar UltraCap 9.7, Cyper WSP or D-Fense SC every 2-3 months.
- For severe infestations, use a dust in your attic or such hiding places such as attic insulation, behind refrigerators, light fixtures, electrical outlets. The recommended dust would be D-Fense Dust or Cimexa Dust. You can also use an insect bait like Intice 10 Perimeter Bait, scattered in the infested area. Keep children and pets away from the bait. Get Rid Of Silverfish Kit combines these products.
- A non-chemical approach would be use of Pro-Pest Silverfish Traps
$25.95 As low as: $18.65
PT Fendona Pressurized Insecticide with alpha-cypermethrin as its active ingredient kills over 65 arthropod pests providing a fast knockdown and long-lasting control. Alpha-cypermethrin is three times more powerful than cyfluthrin, even with a less active ingredient. PT Fendona Pressurized Insecticide kills such key pests as houseflies, Indian meal moths, wasps, silverfish, black and brown recluse spiders with a 100% mortality rate in 5 minutes.Learn More
$27.95 As low as: $22.90
Shockwave 1 Aerosol combines two residual insecticides, two synergists (for a powerful synergy), and an IGR (insect growth regulator) for a total aerosol. Shockwave 1 combines flushing action (flushes them out of hiding areas and kills on contact) with a residual action (long-term action) and an IGR to cut growth cycles.Learn More
$46.95 As low as: $37.95Nuvan Directed Spray Aerosol is an effective pesticide that will help eliminate ants, bed bugs, bed bug eggs, bees, cockroaches, flies, wasps, and more. Nuvan Directed Spray Aerosol is an extension of the Nuvan Prostrips. It uses Dichlorvos as its active ingredient and it guarantees to kill insect pests on contact and through vapor action. This aerosol pesticide is ideal to use on hard to reach areas in and around apartments, commercial buildings, hotels, motels, factories, warehouses, industrial buildings, and more. Once the spray has dried, people and pets can enter the treated area which is usually two hours after application. Learn More
$21.34 As low as: $13.44PT 221L Residual Insecticide Aerosol is a broad spectrum product containing Lambda Cyhalothrin. It can be used in many sensitive areas, due to its low concentration of active ingredient. Don't let this low toxicity fool you, PT 221L Aerosol is a powerful tool; a perfect choice for a variety of pests such as bed bugs, roaches, ants, silverfish, carpenter ants, ticks, wasps and many more. Learn More
$23.95 As low as: $15.95
EcoVia CA contact aerosol is made of botanical ingredients and is part EcoVia's green solution line of products. It is a 16 oz can with a crack and crevice tip to inject in the smallest spaces. It is an effective product to combat a variety of insects such as moths, mosquitoes, flies, beetles, ants, cockroaches, spiders, and other listed crawling and flying pests.Learn More
$51.20 As low as: $46.90
EcoVia G are granules from botanical active ingredients. EcoVia G is a part of the EcoVia line of products that provide green solutions and are broad spectrum insecticides. What makes EcoVia G stand out from the crowd among botanical granules is that it has very low use rates because of its high level of botanical active ingredients, making it a top-rated product against a broad spectrum of insects.Learn More
$18.95 As low as: $13.00
Out of stock
Zenprox Aerosol is a botanical / pyrethroid nonrepellent insecticide aerosol that will kill quickly on contact. Zenprox Aerosol combines four active ingredients for optimum results and has a broad-spectrum versatility.
Zenprox Aerosol has the same active ingredient, Etofenprox as in Zenprox EC, but in a convenient aerosol form. The Zenprox aerosol has a 360 degree valve (for upside down spraying).
It is an excellent aerosol for bed bug control and may be sprayed as a spot treatment on mattresses, bed frames, and box springs. Zenprox Aerosol can also be used outside as well as inside and kills a broad spectrum of insects. Such insects are bed bugs, ants, carpet beetles, cockroaches, crickets, earwigs, firebrats, fleas, flour beetles, grain beetles, pillbugs, silverfish, sowbugs and spiders and others.Learn More
Small and flat, silverfish have scales and are a silver/blue color. Their body is tapered and it has 6 legs and no wings. Without wings, they wriggle like fish.
Silverfish eat a broad variety of carbohydrates and proteins, such as dried beef, flour, moist wheat flour, starch, oats, paper, glue, dead insects, some synthetic fibers, sugar, beef extract, and linen. Silverfish can live a long time without food. They also can live in damp basements and eat the surface mold on cardboard boxes.
Since silverfish eat some human foods, they can leave their excrement and body scales in the food stuff. Most of their damage is to books, paper products, and some natural and synthetic fibers. They can leave yellow stains on linen.
Their marks that are left after they feed are irregular, and they leave irregular shaped holes. They can attack fabric.
Silverfish are commonly found in basements, attics, kitchens, bookcases, wallpaper paste, bathrooms and laundry rooms. They prefer moist and dark locations with humidity (75-97%) and moderate temperatures (60-80 degrees F). They tend to live close to food sources and prefer dark environments.
For more even more information : Silverfish Control