Small Roaches (German, Brown Banded)
Exterminator Recommendations for Killing Small Cockroaches
These roaches are brought in from an outside source and inhabit places like cracks and crevices, behind appliances, behind cabinets, under tables, in hollow furniture legs, and more places. They like dark and warm areas. They are often discovered when you turn on the light in the kitchen and see them scampering along the kitchen counters. They may also be found in bathrooms.
- Sanitation: Keep trash removed and dishes kept clean. Remove any grease or food from counters and appliances.
Product Choices: We recommend roach bait and insect growth regulators. Because German roaches are very resistant to insecticide sprays, we recommend high-quality roach baits and insect growth regulators (IGRs). An effective roach bait contains a mix of food attractants that attract cockroaches with an insecticide to kill them when they eat it. Not only to these high-quality baits kill the cockroaches as they consume them, but they are spread throughout the population. An insect growth regulator slows the breeding, in effect a birth control for roaches.
- German Roach Kits- We highly recommend using our kits. We have everything you need to help eliminate your cockroach population. Each kit comes with detailed instructions on how to properly use them.
Insect Growth Regulator Procedures:
Our top recommendation is Tekko Pro IGR with dual action. Mix 2 oz per gallon of water, 1 oz per half a gallon or 1/2 oz per quart of water. This IGR can be sprayed near any bait placements without interference. It will stop the roaches from maturing and developing. Males will not be able to reproduce, and it targets the larval stages of insects making it less likely to survive.
- Spray in such places as hiding places such as beneath sinks, behind and beneath stoves, refrigerators, cracks, crevices, around garbage cans, cabinets, along baseboards, doors, window sills, door frames, window frames, pipes, drains, plumbing, etc.
- Use small pea-sized dabs of roach bait gels such as Invict, Vendetta, or Advion. Place out a lot of these dabs of roach bait. Put them on the counter tops and under and behind appliances. Keep in mind that roaches like to feed in the dark, so put the bait in areas where they can feed on it without coming out into the open.
- Start by pulling the drawers out from under the counter top to expose the under surface of the counter top. Zig zag from front to back with bait placements about 12 to 18 inches apart. Then apply a few dabs to the back and bottom of the drawers before putting them back in.
- Next, pull out the refrigerator. The roaches love the warmth created by the motor so put a good number of placements on the back of the fridge as well as any cracks and crevices around it.
- Cabinets above the refrigerator are typical hiding spots so look for crevices and seams where they meet the wall and ceiling.
- The stove can be another hot spot of activity, but it is harder to move so "cheat" a little by dabbing some bait onto a piece of aluminum foil and sliding it under the stove.
- The dishwasher is done the same way but be sure to look for cracks and crevices around the appliances that the roaches can hide in and bait those too. Then treat the small appliances like microwaves, toasters, coffee makers, etc. A few dabs on the back and bottom of the appliances will take care of the roaches that have set up shop in there.
- Then the upper cabinets can be treated. Look for crevices where the cabinet meets the walls and ceiling and place dabs of bait in there. If there are a lot of droppings in the cabinets, put a few drops of bait in the corners on the underside of the shelves.
- The overall theme of baiting is to put the bait in places where the roaches can feed on it without coming out into the light. If you look around the kitchen, and you can see any of the bait, it's in the wrong place.
This Ultimate Roach Kit contains Invict Roach Bait Gel, Tekko Pro IGR, and Invade Bio Zap as a complete combination to ensure your success in treating German roaches. Included in this kit is Invade Bio Zap that will remove the allergens left behind by roach droppings. Invade Bio Zap is a microbial, natural probiotic liquid to eat away organic odors. It leaves a fresh citrus scent.Learn More
InVict Gold Cockroach Bait Gel + Tekko Pro IGR (Perfect Combination)
Invict Gold Roach Bait kills German roaches fast and Tekko Pro IGR breaks the cycle. It attacks the male nymph roach (mutating reproductive abilities). Additionally, it causes the pregnant female to consume the bait when she would normally not want to consume food during part of her pregnancy.Learn More
Starting at: $160.35This kit has the perfect combination of products for German roach control in hotels, motels, and rental properties. Spectre 2SC is a non-repellent insecticide, which is an important choice when using insecticides in German roach control. The German roaches cannot detect its presence, and it does not contaminate the bait. Tekko Pro IGR ( Insect Growth Regulator) is a relatively new IGR that combines two active ingredients to prevent reproduction and destroy survival systems in the German roach. The Invict Roach Bait is one of the best roach gel baits on the market. This gel bait kills within minutes and has 11 food attractants to combat bait aversion and maximize roach control. The Roach Pheromone Traps with a glue surface, and pheromone attracts the German roaches to its sticky surface. These traps are handy for monitoring the German roach population levels in a given area. Learn More
Starting at: $13.96Invict Roach Bait can begin to kill roaches in twenty minutes. Invict Gold Cockroach Bait Gel contains 11 attractants (without the top eight food allergens) to combat bait aversion and maximize control, providing lightning fast results to kill roaches. Active ingredient in Invict Gold Cockroach Gel Bait is imidacloprid 2.15% . Invict Gold Roach Bait doesn't run in hot weather and is easy to apply in cold weather. Invict Gold Roach Bait kills German roaches fast. May be used inside or outside. Learn More
$23.95 As low as: $17.95
Spectre PS aerosol can be compared to Phantom Aerosol with the same formulation of 0.5% Chlorfenapyr. Both Spectre and Phantom products are classified as non-repellents. As a non-repellent insecticide, the insects cannot detect its presence, allowing the insects to cross over its chemical placements, instead of avoiding the area. Spectre PS does not stain and may be combined with any roach baiting program and is an excellent product for fabric pests.Learn More
$29.00 As low as: $28.05
Optigard Roach Gel has a unique active ingredient., emamectin benzoate formulated in a high acceptance gel bait for roaches. It is odorless and non-staining. Since roaches adapt easily, Optigard Roach Gel Bait is useful in a bait rotation program with Invict Gold or Advion Roach Gel Bait.Learn More
$9.50 As low as: $6.50
Advion WDG is a water-dispersible granule that contains 20.0% Indoxacarb. This flexible and non-repellent insecticide may be applied both inside and outside in both residential and commercial locations. Advion WDG with indoxacarb is the only sprayable insecticide in its class (Oxadiazine chemistry). It is perfect for the control of pyrethroid-resistant insects and controls over 20 different crawling and flying insects including roaches, ants, crickets, stink bugs, house flies and more.Learn More
Our Commercial German Roach Kit contains products to deal with German Roaches in restaurants and commercial kitchens. It is also very useful for landlords with multiple properties to treat.Learn More
Starting at: $82.90
Alpine WSG Water Soluble Granule has a very flexible label. This non-repellent insecticide may be used inside or outside killing a multitude of insects, including beg bugs, ants, fleas, house flies and german roaches.
It can be used in indoors for flea control (e.g.rugs, pet beds, floors) , attics, eaves and soffits, exterior hard surfaces(e.g. driveways and sidewalks), full exterior side of buildings, broadcast interior treatments and outside in yards for fleas and ants.Learn More