Spider Control Products and Treatment
Spiders are generally a beneficial pest because they prey on other insects, but many people have arachnophobia (fear of spiders), and want them removed from the home.
Spiders are easy to differentiate from other pests because they have eight legs. Identification of the species is often a bit difficult since the average home owner smashes first and asks questions later.
Steps For Spider Control
- Clean Up: Remove sources of spider infestations, like firewood piles and clutter in the yard. Get rid of cobwebs during cleaning. Cobweb duster and Web Out can be used to help eliminate cobwebs. Getting rid of their webs will eliminate their ability to gather their food.
- Residual Insecticides: Spray along entry points with a residual insecticide like Cyzmic CS, LambdaStar Ultra Cap 9.7, Cyper WSP, Onslaught, or D-Fense SC. These locations include cracks and crevices, doors, windows, washer and dryer connections, etc. You are spraying areas where spiders come inside looking for other insects for food. Also spray in corners and anywhere the spiders may be making webs. Harmonix Insect Spray is a newer biological insecticide (less toxicity) is also recommended. Harmonix has a residual for up to 28 days.
- Insecticide Dusts: Using an insecticide dust such as D-Fense Dust may be added to your spider treatment program. Typical areas of dusting would be in attics, wall voids and under your baseboards. D-Fense Dust lasts 6 months or more. You will need a duster for application. The Dustin Mizer is easy to use in attics; it covers a lot of area efficiently. You can also use D-Fense Dust on the Webster Cobweb Duster Head and dust in areas of cobwebs.
- Aerosols : Use an aerosol with a crack and crevice tip like Zenprox or D-Force to reach areas where the liquid insecticide can not reach. Typical areas are under baseboards, around door frames and in corners.
- Spider Traps: Placing out traps will also catch spiders. The Biocare spider trap catches the spiders by imitating itself as a hiding place, and serves as a monitoring tool.
Spider Bites and Venom
While all spiders use venom to kill their prey, three in North America are dangerous to humans: Black Widow Spiders, Brown Recluse Spiders, and European House Spiders. Consult a doctor if a spider bites you. National Hotline Poison Center: 1-800-222-1212
For more information :
Starting at: $10.75
Now Cyper WP comes in water-soluble packets for mixing convenience. Cyper WSP compares to the popular Demon WP envelopes, with the same active ingredient, 40.0% Cypermethrin.
Cyper WSP achieves a quick knockdown and long-lasting control of 30 nuisance pest.Learn More
$26.90 As low as: $22.58Cy-Kick "CS" Aerosol differs from Cy-Kick Aerosol, giving a longer residual and superior coverage due its SmartCap Technology(micro-encapsulation). Cy-Kick Aerosol and Cy-Kick CS Aerosol have Cyfluthrin 0.1%. Cy-Kick CS Aerosol has a crack and crevice tip, which is handy in getting the tiniest cracks and crevices where insects hide. It may also be applied as a spot treatment. It is labeled to kill such insects as ants, bedbugs, roaches, pantry moths, carpenter ants, carpet beetles, scorpions, silverfish, pantry pests and more in residential and commercial buildings. It is labeled for food handling establishments and has a low odor. Learn More
$12.95 As low as: $9.95
Out of stockThe Biocare Spider and Silverfish Trap catches and spiders and silverfish. This spider trap catches the spiders by imitating itself as a hiding place. Learn More
$41.24 As low as: $38.22
Out of stock
Harmonix Insect Spray is a non-synthetic, botanical insecticide. *Compared to other botanical spray insecticides, this innovative low-impact insecticide has a longer effective residual. It delivers a quick knockdown, lasting 28 days or longer on over 60 insect pests.Learn More
Starting at: $0.55
Mouse Glue Board Traps-5.5" x 7.5" mice glue boards. Each Trapper Max Mouse Glue Board Trap can be folded into a triangle or used as a flat trap. An excellent combination of performance and value, Bell uses exclusive prebaited glue formulations that are vigorously tested to ensure maximum holding power for the highest possible capture rates. Strict standards ensure the highest quality glues every time.Packaging: singles boards(72 boards per box)Learn More
$13.75 As low as: $9.755
The Low Profile Insect Monitor is a large trap with a low profile. The Low Profile Insect Monitor is a pesticide free trap and is non-toxic.It fits easily under kitchen appliances and in confined spaces. The low design and ramp leading to the sticky surface prevents cockroaches from escaping. Ready to use, just peel off cover and assemble trap .This food based attractant is good for all species of Roaches along with other insects. Unlike other glue monitors, B&G uses a new proprietary process that actually applies a layer of attractant before the glue is applied.Learn More
Out of stock
Fireback Spider & Scorpion Spray & Jet (Discontinued)
Fireback Spider & Scorpion Spray has a distinct tip that makes a jet stream in order to reach the higher areas where spiders nest. It also includes a a mist spray. This aerosol can be sprayed at any angle, and it has a cap holder. You can snap the top of the can to the bottom and not misplace the top.Learn More
$21.34 As low as: $13.44PT 221L Residual Insecticide Aerosol is a broad spectrum product containing Lambda Cyhalothrin. It can be used in many sensitive areas, due to its low concentration of active ingredient. Don't let this low toxicity fool you, PT 221L Aerosol is a powerful tool; a perfect choice for a variety of pests such as bed bugs, roaches, ants, silverfish, carpenter ants, ticks, wasps and many more. Learn More
Out of stock
Talstar Insecticide not only has a broad spectrum label (kills over 50 pests), but is easy to use since it is in an aerosol form. It may be used as a crack and crevice treatment or spot treatment. It is a convenient way to use a trusted insecticide like Bifen IT or Talstar with Bifenthrin.
Talstar Insecticide is an extremely versatile insecticide aerosol. It can be used in homes, businesses, and even in food handling establishments. Because it is water based and non flammable, you can apply it to several types of surfaces without leaving an oily residue mess.
Can not be shipped by expedited choices, per air regulations.Learn More