Spider Control Products and Treatment
Spiders are generally a beneficial pest because they prey on other insects, but many people have arachnophobia (fear of spiders), and want them removed from the home.
Spiders are easy to differentiate from other pests because they have eight legs. Identification of the species is often a bit difficult since the average home owner smashes first and asks questions later.
Steps For Spider Control
- Clean Up: Remove sources of spider infestations, like firewood piles and clutter in the yard. Get rid of cobwebs during cleaning. Cobweb duster and Web Out can be used to help eliminate cobwebs. Getting rid of their webs will eliminate their ability to gather their food.
- Residual Insecticides: Spray along entry points with a residual insecticide like Cyzmic CS, LambdaStar Ultra Cap 9.7, Cyper WSP, Onslaught, or D-Fense SC. These locations include cracks and crevices, doors, windows, washer and dryer connections, etc. You are spraying areas where spiders come inside looking for other insects for food. Also spray in corners and anywhere the spiders may be making webs. Harmonix Insect Spray is a newer biological insecticide (less toxicity) is also recommended. Harmonix has a residual for up to 28 days.
- Insecticide Dusts: Using an insecticide dust such as D-Fense Dust may be added to your spider treatment program. Typical areas of dusting would be in attics, wall voids and under your baseboards. D-Fense Dust lasts 6 months or more. You will need a duster for application. The Dustin Mizer is easy to use in attics; it covers a lot of area efficiently. You can also use D-Fense Dust on the Webster Cobweb Duster Head and dust in areas of cobwebs.
- Aerosols : Use an aerosol with a crack and crevice tip like Zenprox or D-Force to reach areas where the liquid insecticide can not reach. Typical areas are under baseboards, around door frames and in corners.
- Spider Traps: Placing out traps will also catch spiders. The Biocare spider trap catches the spiders by imitating itself as a hiding place, and serves as a monitoring tool.
Spider Bites and Venom
While all spiders use venom to kill their prey, three in North America are dangerous to humans: Black Widow Spiders, Brown Recluse Spiders, and European House Spiders. Consult a doctor if a spider bites you. National Hotline Poison Center: 1-800-222-1212
For more information :
Starting at: $20.50
Active Ingredient in Delta Dust s Deltamethrin. Delta Dust is a long term residual dust that kills crawling and flying insects. Delta Dust treats for up to 8 months when left undisturbed. Odorless and non staining, Delta Dust does not clump or absorb moisture. 1 lb of Delta Dust treats approx. 1000sq/ft.Learn More
$41.75 As low as: $39.21
Spectre 2 SC, with Chlorfenpyr 21.45%, may be compared to the popular non-repellent Phantom Insecticide, but more economical. As a non-repellent insecticide, Spectre 2 SC is not detectable to the insects (so the insects do not avoid it). It is a very low odor (almost odorless) and a long-lasting residual insecticide. It will kill many types of ants (see label), bed bugs, grain beetles, boxelder bugs, house crickets, roaches, spiders, scorpions and more. As these pest come in contact with it, they share it with other insects, spreading it to those that have not come in contact with it.Learn More
$24.90 As low as: $22.50
Tempo Dust is noted for a quick knockdown and long term control of many insects. It is particularly effective on stinging insects such as, hornets, wasps and bees. Simply dust into their harborages. It works well on other insects as well such as roaches and many other perimeter pests.
Tempo Dust is a pyrethroid dust that can be used inside or outside in dusting applications. Tempo Dust can be dusted into voids, cracks and crevices, and in and around structures using dusters such as hand duster or a power duster. It has excellent penetration into wall voids, securing equal coverage, and is odor-free and non-staining.Learn More
$25.25 As low as: $22.79
CB 80 Insectide Aerosol
Active Ingredient: 0.50% Pyrethrins 4% Piperonyl Butoxide
CB-80 has earned an outstanding reputation for ultra-fast knock down and kill of cockroaches and over 20 other pests. It is ideal as a space or crack and crevice spray. CB-80 boasts a broad list of use areas, including restaurants and other food-handling establishments, meat packing and food processing plants, food storage areas, hospitals, supermarkets, motels and hotels, residences, utilities, and transportation equipments.Learn More
Starting at: $9.90
Temprid FX Insecticide has the same dual active ingredients and percentages as Temprid SC but has changed the label for more flexibility allowing for foliar application. It has both the residual control of imidacloprid (21 %)and the broad spectrum control of beta-cyfluthrin (10.5%). The "FX" stands for flexibility, which comes in handy for outdoor perimeter pest treatments, including landscape ornamentals (non-blooming), trees and shrubs without risk of phytotoxicity. Treatment of occasional invader pests becomes manageable, with the included foliar allowance when done early in the season.Learn More
Starting at: $50.71
Onslaught Time Release Insecticide
Onslaught is a microencapsulated esfenvalerate insecticide. Since Onslaught is encapsulated, it lasts longer against the pests that you want to control. It has controlled release technology that provides longer-lasting residual control. Controlled released formulations release the active ingredient slowly over time.
Onslaught Microencapsulated Insecticide consistently delivers fast knockdown and kill of the toughest insects, with cost-effective residual control. If you can only have one liquid insecticide Onslaught is the choice.Learn More
$18.92 As low as: $12.50
D-Force Insecticide Residual Aerosol provides 100% control of crawling insects for up to 8 weeks. It provides rapid control of residential and industrial pests D-Force Insecticide Residual Aerosol has the power of Deltamethrin for above-ground termite control*, bedbugs, plus 50 other insect species! D-Force has a super fast knock down with a highly active aerosol solvent system for indoor and outdoor use.
Can not be shipped by expedited choices, per air regulations.Learn More
Starting at: $12.00Demon WP Insecticide kills large roaches, spiders, crickets and more. Demon WP Insecticide has been a number one seller for many years due to it's convenience of use. Simply drop the packets in the envelope in water (they dissolve). Demon WP Insecticide contains cypermethrin 40% and works well for a variety of insects, lasting up to 3 months. Learn More
Starting at: $125.50
Tandem Insecticide combines two powerful active ingredients for two modes of action. Tandem Insecticide is formulated with thiamethoxam (neonicotinoid class) and lambda-cyhalothrin (pyrethroid family). These two active ingredients not only give you a quick kill, but provide a residual for long term control. This new product by Syngenta is also formulated with a patented iCap technology. This a technique that uses multiple sizes of micro capsules that protect the active ingredients from harsh environmental conditions, providing a long term controlled release for up to four months.Learn More