Spider Control Products and Treatment
Spiders are generally a beneficial pest because they prey on other insects, but many people have arachnophobia (fear of spiders), and want them removed from the home.
Spiders are easy to differentiate from other pests because they have eight legs. Identification of the species is often a bit difficult since the average home owner smashes first and asks questions later.
Steps For Spider Control
- Clean Up: Remove sources of spider infestations, like firewood piles and clutter in the yard. Get rid of cobwebs during cleaning. Cobweb duster and Web Out can be used to help eliminate cobwebs. Getting rid of their webs will eliminate their ability to gather their food.
- Residual Insecticides: Spray along entry points with a residual insecticide like Cyzmic CS, LambdaStar Ultra Cap 9.7, Cyper WSP, Onslaught, or D-Fense SC. These locations include cracks and crevices, doors, windows, washer and dryer connections, etc. You are spraying areas where spiders come inside looking for other insects for food. Also spray in corners and anywhere the spiders may be making webs. Harmonix Insect Spray is a newer biological insecticide (less toxicity) is also recommended. Harmonix has a residual for up to 28 days.
- Insecticide Dusts: Using an insecticide dust such as D-Fense Dust may be added to your spider treatment program. Typical areas of dusting would be in attics, wall voids and under your baseboards. D-Fense Dust lasts 6 months or more. You will need a duster for application. The Dustin Mizer is easy to use in attics; it covers a lot of area efficiently. You can also use D-Fense Dust on the Webster Cobweb Duster Head and dust in areas of cobwebs.
- Aerosols : Use an aerosol with a crack and crevice tip like Zenprox or D-Force to reach areas where the liquid insecticide can not reach. Typical areas are under baseboards, around door frames and in corners.
- Spider Traps: Placing out traps will also catch spiders. The Biocare spider trap catches the spiders by imitating itself as a hiding place, and serves as a monitoring tool.
Spider Bites and Venom
While all spiders use venom to kill their prey, three in North America are dangerous to humans: Black Widow Spiders, Brown Recluse Spiders, and European House Spiders. Consult a doctor if a spider bites you. National Hotline Poison Center: 1-800-222-1212
For more information :
Starting at: $50.71
Onslaught Time Release Insecticide
Onslaught is a microencapsulated esfenvalerate insecticide. Since Onslaught is encapsulated, it lasts longer against the pests that you want to control. It has controlled release technology that provides longer-lasting residual control. Controlled released formulations release the active ingredient slowly over time.
Onslaught Microencapsulated Insecticide consistently delivers fast knockdown and kill of the toughest insects, with cost-effective residual control. If you can only have one liquid insecticide Onslaught is the choice.Learn More
$23.48 As low as: $16.55Microcare Pressurized Pyrethrum Capsule Suspension is a pressurized pyrethrum capsule suspension. It uses pyrethrins (pyrethrum) making it a very safe, low-toxicity product. Pyrethrin is extracted from the chrysanthemum flower and is very active against many pests. It is unique in that it will both kill and repel most any insect against many types of flying insects, lice and their eggs, fleas, ticks, no-see-ums, and more insects
Can not be shipped by expedited choices, per air regulations.Learn More
Starting at: $12.00Demon WP Insecticide kills large roaches, spiders, crickets and more. Demon WP Insecticide has been a number one seller for many years due to it's convenience of use. Simply drop the packets in the envelope in water (they dissolve). Demon WP Insecticide contains cypermethrin 40% and works well for a variety of insects, lasting up to 3 months. Learn More
Starting at: $125.50
Tandem Insecticide combines two powerful active ingredients for two modes of action. Tandem Insecticide is formulated with thiamethoxam (neonicotinoid class) and lambda-cyhalothrin (pyrethroid family). These two active ingredients not only give you a quick kill, but provide a residual for long term control. This new product by Syngenta is also formulated with a patented iCap technology. This a technique that uses multiple sizes of micro capsules that protect the active ingredients from harsh environmental conditions, providing a long term controlled release for up to four months.Learn More
Starting at: $15.50
Tempo Ultra WP and Tempo Ultra WSP are odorless wettable powder insecticides containing 10% Cyfluthrin. As a members of the pyrethroid family of insecticides, they are extremely effective on a wide variety of insects. Not only can they be used for household pest control, they are also an outstanding lawn and garden insecticides. They are known for their quick knockdowns. Their long lasting residual actions will insure that you only have to spray every two to three months.
They can also be used in food-handling establishments as well as USDA meat and poultry facilities but is not recommended for German Roach control.
Tempo Ultra WP and Tempo Ultra WSP leave a white powdery film that is often noticeable on dark surfaces. If that is a concern, consider choosing Tempo Ultra SC formulation.Learn More