Spider Control Products and Treatment
Spiders are generally a beneficial pest because they prey on other insects, but many people have arachnophobia (fear of spiders), and want them removed from the home.
Spiders are easy to differentiate from other pests because they have eight legs. Identification of the species is often a bit difficult since the average home owner smashes first and asks questions later.
Steps For Spider Control
- Clean Up: Remove sources of spider infestations, like firewood piles and clutter in the yard. Get rid of cobwebs during cleaning. Cobweb duster and Web Out can be used to help eliminate cobwebs. Getting rid of their webs will eliminate their ability to gather their food.
- Residual Insecticides: Spray along entry points with a residual insecticide like Cyzmic CS, LambdaStar Ultra Cap 9.7, Cyper WSP, Onslaught, or D-Fense SC. These locations include cracks and crevices, doors, windows, washer and dryer connections, etc. You are spraying areas where spiders come inside looking for other insects for food. Also spray in corners and anywhere the spiders may be making webs. Harmonix Insect Spray is a newer biological insecticide (less toxicity) is also recommended. Harmonix has a residual for up to 28 days.
- Insecticide Dusts: Using an insecticide dust such as D-Fense Dust may be added to your spider treatment program. Typical areas of dusting would be in attics, wall voids and under your baseboards. D-Fense Dust lasts 6 months or more. You will need a duster for application. The Dustin Mizer is easy to use in attics; it covers a lot of area efficiently. You can also use D-Fense Dust on the Webster Cobweb Duster Head and dust in areas of cobwebs.
- Aerosols : Use an aerosol with a crack and crevice tip like Zenprox or D-Force to reach areas where the liquid insecticide can not reach. Typical areas are under baseboards, around door frames and in corners.
- Spider Traps: Placing out traps will also catch spiders. The Biocare spider trap catches the spiders by imitating itself as a hiding place, and serves as a monitoring tool.
Spider Bites and Venom
While all spiders use venom to kill their prey, three in North America are dangerous to humans: Black Widow Spiders, Brown Recluse Spiders, and European House Spiders. Consult a doctor if a spider bites you. National Hotline Poison Center: 1-800-222-1212
For more information :
$27.50 As low as: $19.50
PT Fendona Pressurized Insecticide with alpha-cypermethrin as its active ingredient kills over 65 arthropod pests providing a fast knockdown and long-lasting control. Alpha-cypermethrin is three times more powerful than cyfluthrin, even with a less active ingredient. PT Fendona Pressurized Insecticide kills such key pests as houseflies, Indian meal moths, wasps, silverfish, black and brown recluse spiders with a 100% mortality rate in 5 minutes.Learn More
Starting at: $59.35
Onslaught FastCap Spider and Scorpion Insecticide is a fast acting microencapsulated formulation for the control of spiders and scorpions as well as a broad spectrum of other insects. This unique formulation contains Exponent synergist that enhances two other active ingredients : Esfenvalerate, and Prallethrin. Onslaught FastCap Spider and Scorpion Insecticide may be used inside or outside and has a label for food and nonfood areas in commercial structures.Learn More
Starting at: $28.00
Cyzmic CS(Compare to Demand CS ) micro encapsulated insecticide combines the extended control of a microencapsulated formulation with a powerful knock-down effect providing long lasting control. Cyzmic CS is a controlled release insecticide with little to no odor. Cyzmic CS has reduced applicator exposure.Learn More
Starting at: $49.90
LambdaStar UltraCap 9.7 is a micro-encapsulated lambda-cyhalothrin formulation that is easy to measure and mix. It has a long residual protection with excellent results. Compared to Demand CS, also a lambda-cyhalothrin 9.7% formulation, LamdaStar UltraCap has a higher mortality rate after 12 weeks of testing.Learn More
$15.00 As low as: $9.74
D-Fense Dustis a new Deltamethrin Dust, (Compare to Delta Dust). D-Fense Dust is a ready to use insecticide dust which gives an effective knockdown and residual control of up to 8 months if undisturbed.D-Fense Dust targets many insects such as ants, bees, cockroaches, fleas, silverfish, ticks, termites, and numerous stored product pests.Defense Dust will not clump or absorb moisture as some dusts and is non-staining and odorless.Learn More
Active Ingredient: 0.05 Deltamethrin
Can not send to CT
Starting at: $36.62
Suspend Polyzone with Deltamethrin is an updated improvement of Suspend SC or D-Fense SC. This newer version of Suspend SC by Bayer will last up to 90 days in wet weather conditions. Suspend Polyzone with it's controlled released formulation has the additional benefit of a polymer layer film protecting it's active ingredient, Deltamethrin from any irrigation, weather, or mechanical abrasion. This means that the Deltamethrin stays active, remaining effective and resisting adverse conditions or erosion for up to 90 days.Learn More