Spider Control Products and Treatment
Spiders are generally a beneficial pest because they prey on other insects, but many people have arachnophobia (fear of spiders), and want them removed from the home.
Spiders are easy to differentiate from other pests because they have eight legs. Identification of the species is often a bit difficult since the average home owner smashes first and asks questions later.
Steps For Spider Control
- Clean Up: Remove sources of spider infestations, like firewood piles and clutter in the yard. Get rid of cobwebs during cleaning. Cobweb duster and Web Out can be used to help eliminate cobwebs. Getting rid of their webs will eliminate their ability to gather their food.
- Residual Insecticides: Spray along entry points with a residual insecticide like Cyzmic CS, LambdaStar Ultra Cap 9.7, Cyper WSP, Onslaught, or D-Fense SC. These locations include cracks and crevices, doors, windows, washer and dryer connections, etc. You are spraying areas where spiders come inside looking for other insects for food. Also spray in corners and anywhere the spiders may be making webs. Harmonix Insect Spray is a newer biological insecticide (less toxicity) is also recommended. Harmonix has a residual for up to 28 days.
- Insecticide Dusts: Using an insecticide dust such as D-Fense Dust may be added to your spider treatment program. Typical areas of dusting would be in attics, wall voids and under your baseboards. D-Fense Dust lasts 6 months or more. You will need a duster for application. The Dustin Mizer is easy to use in attics; it covers a lot of area efficiently. You can also use D-Fense Dust on the Webster Cobweb Duster Head and dust in areas of cobwebs.
- Aerosols : Use an aerosol with a crack and crevice tip like Zenprox or D-Force to reach areas where the liquid insecticide can not reach. Typical areas are under baseboards, around door frames and in corners.
- Spider Traps: Placing out traps will also catch spiders. The Biocare spider trap catches the spiders by imitating itself as a hiding place, and serves as a monitoring tool.
Spider Bites and Venom
While all spiders use venom to kill their prey, three in North America are dangerous to humans: Black Widow Spiders, Brown Recluse Spiders, and European House Spiders. Consult a doctor if a spider bites you. National Hotline Poison Center: 1-800-222-1212
For more information :
$14.75 As low as: $10.20
D-Fense Dustis a new Deltamethrin Dust, (Compare to Delta Dust). D-Fense Dust is a ready to use insecticide dust which gives an effective knockdown and residual control of up to 8 months if undisturbed.D-Fense Dust targets many insects such as ants, bees, cockroaches, fleas, silverfish, ticks, termites, and numerous stored product pests.Defense Dust will not clump or absorb moisture as some dusts and is non-staining and odorless.Learn More
Active Ingredient: 0.05 Deltamethrin
Can not send to CT
Starting at: $20.50
Active Ingredient in Delta Dust s Deltamethrin. Delta Dust is a long term residual dust that kills crawling and flying insects. Delta Dust treats for up to 8 months when left undisturbed. Odorless and non staining, Delta Dust does not clump or absorb moisture. 1 lb of Delta Dust treats approx. 1000sq/ft.Learn More
$24.90 As low as: $22.50
Tempo Dust is noted for a quick knockdown and long term control of many insects. It is particularly effective on stinging insects such as, hornets, wasps and bees. Simply dust into their harborages. It works well on other insects as well such as roaches and many other perimeter pests.
Tempo Dust is a pyrethroid dust that can be used inside or outside in dusting applications. Tempo Dust can be dusted into voids, cracks and crevices, and in and around structures using dusters such as hand duster or a power duster. It has excellent penetration into wall voids, securing equal coverage, and is odor-free and non-staining.Learn More