Spider Control Products and Treatment
Spiders are generally a beneficial pest because they prey on other insects, but many people have arachnophobia (fear of spiders), and want them removed from the home.
Spiders are easy to differentiate from other pests because they have eight legs. Identification of the species is often a bit difficult since the average home owner smashes first and asks questions later.
Steps For Spider Control
- Clean Up: Remove sources of spider infestations, like firewood piles and clutter in the yard. Get rid of cobwebs during cleaning. Cobweb duster and Web Out can be used to help eliminate cobwebs. Getting rid of their webs will eliminate their ability to gather their food.
- Residual Insecticides: Spray along entry points with a residual insecticide like Cyzmic CS, LambdaStar Ultra Cap 9.7, Cyper WSP, Onslaught, or D-Fense SC. These locations include cracks and crevices, doors, windows, washer and dryer connections, etc. You are spraying areas where spiders come inside looking for other insects for food. Also spray in corners and anywhere the spiders may be making webs. Harmonix Insect Spray is a newer biological insecticide (less toxicity) is also recommended. Harmonix has a residual for up to 28 days.
- Insecticide Dusts: Using an insecticide dust such as D-Fense Dust may be added to your spider treatment program. Typical areas of dusting would be in attics, wall voids and under your baseboards. D-Fense Dust lasts 6 months or more. You will need a duster for application. The Dustin Mizer is easy to use in attics; it covers a lot of area efficiently. You can also use D-Fense Dust on the Webster Cobweb Duster Head and dust in areas of cobwebs.
- Aerosols : Use an aerosol with a crack and crevice tip like Zenprox or D-Force to reach areas where the liquid insecticide can not reach. Typical areas are under baseboards, around door frames and in corners.
- Spider Traps: Placing out traps will also catch spiders. The Biocare spider trap catches the spiders by imitating itself as a hiding place, and serves as a monitoring tool.
Spider Bites and Venom
While all spiders use venom to kill their prey, three in North America are dangerous to humans: Black Widow Spiders, Brown Recluse Spiders, and European House Spiders. Consult a doctor if a spider bites you. National Hotline Poison Center: 1-800-222-1212
For more information :
$27.50 As low as: $19.50
PT Fendona Pressurized Insecticide with alpha-cypermethrin as its active ingredient kills over 65 arthropod pests providing a fast knockdown and long-lasting control. Alpha-cypermethrin is three times more powerful than cyfluthrin, even with a less active ingredient. PT Fendona Pressurized Insecticide kills such key pests as houseflies, Indian meal moths, wasps, silverfish, black and brown recluse spiders with a 100% mortality rate in 5 minutes.Learn More
$26.95 As low as: $19.95
Zenprox Xtend Aerosol combines four insecticidal active ingredients for a broad-spectrum aerosol. It contains both etofenprox, just like Zenprox and Methoprene which is an insect growth regulator. Zenprox Xtend kills quickly on contact and has residual activity, as well as stopping the life stages of listed pests. Zenprox Xtend will control more than 25 listed pests and may be used as a surface, spot, crack and crevice or void treatments. Its flexible delivery options include a 360-degree valve and System III compatibility.Learn More
$18.95 As low as: $13.00
Out of stock
Zenprox Aerosol is a botanical / pyrethroid nonrepellent insecticide aerosol that will kill quickly on contact. Zenprox Aerosol combines four active ingredients for optimum results and has a broad-spectrum versatility.
Zenprox Aerosol has the same active ingredient, Etofenprox as in Zenprox EC, but in a convenient aerosol form. The Zenprox aerosol has a 360 degree valve (for upside down spraying).
It is an excellent aerosol for bed bug control and may be sprayed as a spot treatment on mattresses, bed frames, and box springs. Zenprox Aerosol can also be used outside as well as inside and kills a broad spectrum of insects. Such insects are bed bugs, ants, carpet beetles, cockroaches, crickets, earwigs, firebrats, fleas, flour beetles, grain beetles, pillbugs, silverfish, sowbugs and spiders and others.Learn More
$16.95 As low as: $14.75
EcoVia CA contact aerosol is made of botanical ingredients and is part EcoVia's green solution line of products. It is a 16 oz can with a crack and crevice tip to inject in the smallest spaces. It is an effective product to combat a variety of insects such as moths, mosquitoes, flies, beetles, ants, cockroaches, spiders, and other listed crawling and flying pests.Learn More
$26.90 As low as: $22.58Cy-Kick "CS" Aerosol differs from Cy-Kick Aerosol, giving a longer residual and superior coverage due its SmartCap Technology(micro-encapsulation). Cy-Kick Aerosol and Cy-Kick CS Aerosol have Cyfluthrin 0.1%. Cy-Kick CS Aerosol has a crack and crevice tip, which is handy in getting the tiniest cracks and crevices where insects hide. It may also be applied as a spot treatment. It is labeled to kill such insects as ants, bedbugs, roaches, pantry moths, carpenter ants, carpet beetles, scorpions, silverfish, pantry pests and more in residential and commercial buildings. It is labeled for food handling establishments and has a low odor. Learn More
Out of stock
Talstar Insecticide not only has a broad spectrum label (kills over 50 pests), but is easy to use since it is in an aerosol form. It may be used as a crack and crevice treatment or spot treatment. It is a convenient way to use a trusted insecticide like Bifen IT or Talstar with Bifenthrin.
Talstar Insecticide is an extremely versatile insecticide aerosol. It can be used in homes, businesses, and even in food handling establishments. Because it is water based and non flammable, you can apply it to several types of surfaces without leaving an oily residue mess.
Can not be shipped by expedited choices, per air regulations.Learn More
Out of stock
Fireback Spider & Scorpion Spray & Jet (Discontinued)
Fireback Spider & Scorpion Spray has a distinct tip that makes a jet stream in order to reach the higher areas where spiders nest. It also includes a a mist spray. This aerosol can be sprayed at any angle, and it has a cap holder. You can snap the top of the can to the bottom and not misplace the top.Learn More