Trelona ATBS Bait System
How To Use the Trelona Advance Bait System
Trelona Advance Termite Bait System (ATBS) Trelona, with Novaluron, is a new termite bait by BASF offered in its Advance Termite Bait Systems. The Trelona Termite Bait is replacing the older Advance Termite Bait Cartridges with 25% diflubenzuron. Trelona Compressed Termite Bait offers termites an attractive food source contained in purified cellulose-based matrix compressed into tablets.
The Advance Trelona Termite Bait System by BASF may be used two ways.
- The first way, (Trelona ATBS Home Monitoring Kit) is the traditional method of inspection, once a quarter. The Home Monitoring Kit is followed by replacing the inspection cartridge with theTrelona bait cartridge once termite activity has been determined.
- The second way (Trelona ATBS Direct Bait Kit). In this kit, the Bait stations come with the bait cartridge inserted, no inspection cartridges.
Trelona bait in the Advance Termite Bait system requires less inspection than its previous bait matrix. Schedule 120 days for inspection if there had not been termite activity. However, if there is termite activity after installation, inspect the termite bait stations in 60 days.
Advance Trelona Compressed Termite Bait
Trelona, with Novaluron, is a new termite bait by BASF offered in its Advance Termite Bait Systems. The Trelona Termite Bait is replacing the older Advance Termite Bait Cartridges with 25% diflubenzuron. Trelona Compressed Termite Bait offers termites an attractive food source contained in purified cellulose-based matrix compressed into tablets. This active ingredient, Novaluron is a chitin inhibitor. A chitin inhibitor inhibits the termite from molting, so the termite can not form a exoskeleton needed after the molting. As a chitin inhibitor, it disrupts the molting and egg production, affecting the whole population. As a termite bait, Trelona provides a termite colony elimination with sustained consumption. It uses less bait compared to other termite bait systems.
Advance Termite Monitoring Stations (TBS)
Advance Termite Bait stations allow maximum wood to soil contact with their patented vertical slots, allowing more termites access to it. The Advance Termite Monitor Station contains a wood food source and an inspection cartridge for attracting , then detecting subterranean termites. Each Advance Termite Monitoring Bait Station (TBS) contains:
- inspection cartridge
- wood base unit.
- (Does not contain a spider tool to open the station or the bait to put in it. )
Pre Bait or Direct Baiting and Station Location
- Dig a hole the same size as the station. See label for instruction in concrete surfaces
- Install stations within 5 ft of probable activity known or suspected termite foraging.
- Do not place stations within 2 feet of previously applied termiticides (exceptions are non-repellent insecticides such as Taurus SC or Termidor SC).
- Install near a known or suspected termite entry into a structure. See label if there is not accessible ground near point of known termite entry.
- Pre baiting is a process of using pre bait monitors (TBS). It is used to determine termite activity. Once termites are feeding on the bait, replace the bait with Trelona as its toxicant. Trelona Bait may also be placed directly into the station, prior to detected termite activity.
- See product label for complete instructions