Detour Professional Grade Rodent Barrier Sealant
Detour Professional Grade Barrier Sealant (formerly called Detour for Rodents) is an all natural bio-repellent that detours or drives rodents and insects away from targeted areas. Detour is a Fifra EPA 25b exempt product.
How Does DeTour For Rodents and Insects Work?
Detour For Rodents and Insects works by sealing cracks and crevices and holes; removing entering points. This sealant will help to reduce harborage areas and areas of entry by its barrier. Detour for Rodents Rodent Repellent contains white pepper (in a food grade mineral oil ) as a contact irritant. This irritant will repel the rodents and insects, as they do not want to cross over it.
The white pepper in Detour for Insects and Rodents is NSF approved to strict standards for public health protection and is in use in the manufacturing of hot sauce.
Detour Usage and Rodent Control
- Detour for Rodents and Insects causes stress in the rodent population. Normally rodents, especially rats are trap shy and are shy of new traps or objects. This shyness is reduced by the stress caused by the usage of Detour. This stress/pressure makes rodent trapping easier and more efficient. Detour for Rodents will not harm rodents.
- Because Detour for Rodents/Insects Rodent contains white pepper, it acts as a contact irritant. Detour will deliver this contact irritant to the rodent in their fur, nerve endings, and sensory organs.They can not remove it from their fur.
- These rodents have what the manufacturers call a "negative experience." From this experience, the rodents look for an escape. Using Detour for Rodents on entry points would also discourage them from coming inside.
- As the rodents step on Detour, it will adhere to their feet, and they carry it back to their harboring site and infect other rodents. This forces them to evacuate and search for another harboring area.
- Detour also serves as a rodent monitoring tool. As the rodent walks across the gel, it will leave it's foot print, indicating activity.
How to use DeTour for Rodents
As a contact irritant, the rodent needs to come in contact with the material. This product may be used as a stand-alone rodent control product or partnered with traps or rodent baits.
In a usual rodent control program, traps or baits are set out at regular intervals. Using the Detour Rodent control program would require investigating the rodent behavior to develop a strategy to force the rodents to come in contact with this irritant. As such it uses the rodent as it's delivery system. Apply DeTour to locations where rodent droppings are found after inspection or where rodents are currently active. Typical application locations are runways, food sources, pipe chases, wall voids, holes, ceilings or any areas where rodents may come in contact with the product.
DeTour in the path of the rodents. DETOUR may be used in any of the locations listed as long as placements are in areas where people or pets will not contact the applied material.