Snake A Way Snake Repelling Granules
Snake-A-Way snake repellent is the only EPA-approved, university-tested and patented snake repellent on the market today. Snake-A-Way is a dry granular mixture which is easy to apply by lightly sprinkling around homes, cabins, trailers, camp sites, and garages
How Snake Away Works
The Jacobson's organ in snakes is used with the tongue to sense its environment. The snake flicks out its tongue and picks up the scent of vapor molecules(Naphthalene). When the snake pulls in its tongue, the vapor molecules are transferred to the odor-sensitive Jacobson's organ. Naphthalene, a volatile product, and active ingredient, vaporizes and is brought into the sensory receptor (Jacobson's organ) and creates an immediate interference that is repressive enough to close down the sensory system and scare the snake into a hasty retreat. It was found to be so effective that it protected our military during the Gulf War from sand vipers and cobras.
Pet and children safe when used as directed.
- Snake-A-Way snake repellent is the only EPA-approved, university-tested and patented snake repellent on the market today.
- Snake-A-Way is unique - only snake repellent in the world. Highly effective on poisonous and non-poisonous snakes!
- Effective repellent for 2 to 3 months--not destroyed by rain
- University tested, EPA registered and a patented product.
- As a snake approaches the product its sensory perception is alerted and the snake turns away leaving the area.
- When applied as directed, it is safe to humans, pets, and the environment.
- Snake-A-Way is a dry granular mixture which is easy to apply by lightly sprinkling around homes, cabins, trailers, camp sites, and garages and will last up to three months.
- Normal rainfall will not harm the Snake-A-Way.
- It has a slight odor which snakes can detect but people and pets don't.
How to Use Snake A Way Repellent
As a perimeter treatment, sprinkle or spread Snake A Way in 4-5 inch bands to repel garter snakes and 8-12 inch bands to repel rattlesnakes. Spread Snake-A-Way around the perimeter for a yard application. Reapply when the odor becomes faint.
When to Apply Snake A Way
Manufacturers suggest application during the spring, summer and fall months. It will help prevent the snakes from finding hibernation during the winter if you apply in the fall. Since snakes are very active during the spring and summer months, apply Snake Away during these months to keep them from entering the yard area.