Use Espoma Berry-Tone as a fruit and berry food to grow bigger and juicier fruit berries. Espoma's Berry-tone is ideal for all blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.
- Long lasting with a slow release
- Organic gardening
- Ideal for all blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
How to Use Espoma Berry-Tone
- 1lb. = 3 cups
- New Plantings:
- Dig a hole at the same depth of the root ball, but twice as wide so the roots can spread.
- Take away 1/2 of the soil and replace it with organic garden soil, peat moss or compost.
- Mix 1 cup of Berry-Tone into this ammended soil. Place plant in hole and fill it with the ammended soil, pack it in and water it well. Add additional soil if needed.
- Established Plants:
- Feed twice a year; early and late spring, (45-60 days after first early spring application)
- Use 1 cup per foot of branch diameter. The diameter is the diameter of the drip line. If the diameter is larger than 3 feet, double the rate application.
- If the area of treatment is mulched, temporarily remove the mulch or feed the Berry-tone at a double rate on top of the mulch. Sprinkle around the drip line.
- Garden Beds:
- New Beds: Per 100 sq feet, mix 10 lbs of Berry-tone into the top 4" of soil.
- Established Beds:Per 100 sq feet, mix 5 lbs of Berry-tone into the top 4" of soil.
- Potted Plants:
- New Plants: Mix 2 cups of Berry-tone per cubic feet of soil or 1.5 tbsp per qt.
- Established Plants:For every 3 inches of the pot diameter, sprinkle 1 tsp of Berry-tone into the soil along the outer edge and water well.
- Note: Since berries require acidic soil for the best growth and yield, test your soil.