Use Espoma Plant-tone is an all-purpose plant food to use on all flowers, vegetables, trees, and shrubs for larger plants, deeper green foliage, and more blooms. It is made of all natural and organic ingredients, with no sludges or fillers. It includes Espoma's exclusive Bio-tone microbes and is long lasting.
- All natural with bio-tones microbes for a complete and balanced feeding.
- Slow release and long-lasting
- For Organic Gardening
- Lawns: Work 40 lbs per 1,000 sq feet into the topsoil (4 inches) for new lawns. You can sow seed immediately. After the lawn is 6 months old, treat as if it is an established lawn. For established lawns, use 20 lbs per 1,000 sq feet, 3 times a year (Spring, Summer, and Fall).
- Garden Beds: Use 4 lbs per 100 sq ft in the top 4 " of soil
- New Plantings: Dig a hole the same depth as the plant, but twice as wide as the plant. Place plant in the prepared hole after loosening the roots. Remove 1/3 of the soil and replace this with soil with compost or soil mix. Mix 1-2 cups of Plant-tone into this mixture. Do not mound stems and water thoroughly. Mulching will help weed control and conservation of water.
- Established Plants: Generally, feed established shrubs and trees twice a year (spring and fall). Throughout the growing season, feed flowers and vegetables once per month, by sprinkling 1 cup of Plant-tone around the drip line of the plant. Rates for trees and shrubs: Use 1 cup for each foot of diameter.
- Potted Plants: Mix 25 parts soil to 1 part Plant-tone. For established potted plants, use 1 teaspoon for each 3-inch pot diameter. Repeat monthly.