Fogging and Misting Systems
Mosquito Foggers and Mosquito Fogging/Misting System Chemicals
Propane foggers, electric foggers, oil based and water based pyrethrins and residual insecticides for fogging mosquitoes in the yard and foliage.The advantage of using a fogger instead of a typical garden type pump sprayer, is that you coat the leaves more effectively and it can reach deeper into the foliage with its higher pressure.
- Electric Foggers (Cold Foggers). Cold Foggers can use water or oil based insecticides (B&G Fogger My-Ti-Lite 2300, B&G Fogger Ultra LIte 2400, B&G Fogger Flex A Lite 2600 and B&G Versa Backpack Fogger are cold foggers)
- Using Residual Insecticides: You can fog with cold foggers with residual products such as Bifen IT, Mosquito Mist, Sector, Vector Ban Plus or LambdaStar UltraCap 9.7. Residual insecticides will last around 30 days outside. If you have heavy rains, you will need to reapply. (Mosquito Mist may be used in both a thermal fogger and a cold fogger. Must be diluted an oil carrier in thermal foggers such as kerosene).
- Using Quick Kill Insecticides -Contact Kill (non-residual) are many times used in cold foggers or 55 gallon misting systems for a quick knockdown, but will not last. These products have pyrethrin as their major ingredient. Styker 5-25, Riptide,VamPyre, Misting Concentrates Hyperion Advanced Mist Concentrate combines a three day residual with a quick knockdown.
- Mosquito Repellent: Mosquito Barrier is made of 99.0% garlic for a strong repellency. It may be fogged in both a cold fogger or a thermal fogger, as well as used in a hand held pump sprayer.
- Thermal Foggers (Propane Foggers): Bonide's Propane Fogger is a thermal fogger run by a propane tank. There is not a residual insecticide that will work in a thermal fogger, just quick kill or contact insecticides. We suggest Mosquito Mist, Bug Beater, Mosquito Beater or Prentox Pyrethrin Pyronyl Oil Concentrate
- Automatic Spraying/Misting Systems: Stryker 5-25, Riptide, Mosquito Mist Ultra, Hyperion Concentrate, Vector Ban, Vector Ban Plus, Vam Pyre. Some are labeled for indoor animal quarters(barns), some only outside misting systems. Please check product labels for complete instruction.