Hex Pro Temite Bait Station
- Buy 2 for $11.54 each and save 19%
- Buy 10 for $11.24 each and save 21%
Packaging: Single units
The Hexpro Kit has Shatter bait included.
HexPro termite stations are used with either the wood to attract the termites or the toxicant bait-Shatter when termite evidence is found. (Shatter not included)
The Hexpro Kit has Shatter bait included. Provides an environmentally sensible solution with a minimal amount of termite bait. Has low impact on human health, low toxicity to birds, fish and plants, and low potential for groundwater contamination when used according to label instructions.Requires no drilling in floors nor trenching around the home.<
Hex Pro Termite Bait System
How does the Hex-Pro System work?
- It starts with a professional inspection of the home for signs of termites or do your own inspection with these tips.
- Hex-Pro termite stations are placed in the soil in prime termite-foraging areas around the house. For Do It Yourself Placement guidelines read: Installation and Placements.
(In areas of known termite activity, auxiliary Hex-Pro termite stations may also be installed and baited immediately.)
- Hex-Pro termite stations need to be checked every two months regularly for signs of termite activity.
- When termites are found in the Hex-Pro termite stations, they should be transferred to a bait cartridge placed in the stations. The bait cartridge contains Shatter(TM) termite bait. In cases where baited auxiliary Hex-Pro(TM) termite stations are installed immediately, transferring termites is unnecessary.
- Termites feed on Shatter termite bait, tunnel back to their colony, and send their nestmates back to feed on the bait. Generally, after several weeks, the termite colony declines and eventually is destroyed.
- After the termites have been controlled, used bait cartridges are replaced with wood monitors. Continue to check for signs of new termite activity every two months.
- The bait used in The Hex-Pro Termite System is called Shatter(TM) termite bait. The active ingredient is hexaflumuron, an insect growth regulator (chitin synthesis inhibitors)that stops the termites' vital molting process so they are unable to grow. As a result, they die. Hexaflumuron has demonstrated 10 years of in-field success killing, controlling and eliminating termites.
|Pro Tips||Not Available|
|Product Label||Shatter Termite Bait Product Label|
|SDS||Shatter Termite Bait MSDS|
|Active Ingredient (s)||Plastic, The diameter of the top is about 2.5 in., the diameter of the base is about 1.5 in, and the length of the station is about 9 in|
|For Use :||Outside, around your home|
|Mixture|Application||Hex Pro Termite Station Monitors are placed every 8-10 feet around the entire perimeter of the house. Drill holes that are at least 6 inches deep and after placing the monitor traps inside, secure the stations with the backfill dirt. Stations should be a|
Frequently Asked Questions About the Hex-Pro(TM) System
What is the active ingredient in Shatter(TM) termite bait that controls termites?
The active ingredient is hexaflumuron, an insect growth regulator that stops the termites' vital molting process so they are unable to grow. As a result, they die. Hexaflumuron has demonstrated 10 years of in-field success killing, controlling and eliminating termites.
Why not just put Shatter termite bait in all the Hex-Pro termite stations right away?
Shatter termite bait can be placed in auxiliary Hex-Pro termite stations right away in areas where termite activity is suspected. Elsewhere, establishing feeding in the Hex-Pro termite station first is important because termite foraging can be unpredictable. Baiting all Hex-Pro termite stations offers no advantage in termite control.
How long does it take to control the termites?
Once the Hex-Pro System is installed, it can take from a few weeks to a few months for termites to enter the Hex-Pro termite stations, depending on time of year, geography, termite pressure and termite species. Once the termites enter the bait cartridges and begin feeding on Shatter termite bait, the process of termite control can begin. Colonies may begin to decline as quickly as four weeks after feeding on Shatter termite bait. It is important to remember that the termites' natural behavior, upon which the Hex-Pro System depends, does vary with the factors mentioned above, so the time and effort needed to achieve control can vary as well.
Is the Hex-Pro(TM) Termite Baiting System effective against all types of termites?
Shatter(TM) termite bait used in the Hex-Pro System is effective against all economically important subterranean (not drywood) termite species in the continental United States and Hawaii. It does the job in varying soil, climate and geographic conditions.
What if a house is already infested with subterranean termites?
The Hex-Pro System will be installed to control the current termite infestation and the long-term threat. If the infestation is serious, use of an additional termite treatment for immediate, localized control may be necessary. Please call us at 1-800-476-3368 for recommendations.
Why don't the termites just go between the Hex-Pro termite stations to reach the house?
Termites continuously search for new feeding sites, even though they may have already located an abundant food source. Termites also feed randomly among available food sites within their foraging area. Therefore, if termites are foraging on a property, they should find and attack the wood monitors in one or more of the Hex-Pro termite stations.
What if the termite colony is right beneath the house?
Even when termites have found a food source in a house, they are constantly looking for more food elsewhere and their range typically extends beyond the house. Hex-Pro termite stations are an easy target for foraging termites, because they are in the soil where subterranean termites live and forage.
When the termites are controlled, will the Hex-Pro termite stations be removed?
Once the current termite threat has been controlled by Shatter termite bait, another termite colony could invade the property. To keep the property protected, the Hex-Pro termite stations should be left in the ground for continued monitoring.