Hyvar X-L Herbicide effectively controls Annuals, Perennials, and Brush Species at the following rates
- Annuals :3/4 to 3 gallons per acre: Crabgrass, Bromegrass, Cheatgrass, Wild Oats, Turkey mullein, Ryegrass, Ragweed, Punctuevine, Orchard grass, Lambsquarters, Foxtail
- Perennials:3 to 6 gallons per acre: Bahiagrass, Aster, Bahiagrass, Broomsedge, Blue grass, Dog fennel, Dandelion, Plantain ,Goldenrod, Quackgrass, Purpletop, Smooth brome, Redtop, Wild carrot
- Brush species- 2 3/4 to 6 Gallons per Acre: Hackberry, Cottonwood, Elm (American, winged), Pine, Maple, Oak, Redbud, Poplar, Sweetgum, Sumac, Willow. Apply Hyvar X-L during period of active growth for brush control from late winter through summer, or prior to this period.
Special Uses: Hyvar X-L Herbicide applied under asphat, concrete and pond liners
- Annuals- 2 3/4 to 4 Gallons per Acre: Crabgrass, Cheat, Foxtail, Downy brome, Puncturevine, Lambsquarters, Ryegrass,Ragweed, Wild Oats, Turkey mullein
- Perennials- 4 to 6 Gallons per Acre: Broomsedge, Bahiagrass, Dogfennel, Dandelion, Plantain, Goldenrod, Quackgrass, Purpletop, Smooth brome, Redtop, Wild carrot
- Perennials- 10 to 12 Gallons per Acre*: Bermudagrass, Bracken fern, Bouncingbet, Dogbane, Dallisgrass, Nutsedge, Horsetail, Saltgrass, Johnsongrass, Vaseygrass.
* This use rate is limited to application under pond liners.
USE RESTRICTIONS - STATE OF FLORIDA
In the state of Florida the use of Hyvar X-L Herbicide (bromacil) is prohibited in the counties of Hardee, Highland, Polk, Orange and Lake. For Non-Agricultural Usage in all other areas of the state, do not apply more than 3.2 gallons per acre per year of Hyvar X-L Herbicide. This amount corresponds to 6.4 pounds of bromacil, the active ingredient in Hyvar X-L Herbicide. The maximum allowable use rate for bromacil is 6.4 pounds per acre per year inclusive of all bromacil formulations.