Alligare Imazapyr 4 SL
Imazapyr 4 SL, with Imazapyr 52.6% is a broad-spectrum, pre and post-emergent spray for control of most broadleaf weeds, vines, brambles, annual and perennial grasses, trees for forestry site preparation, hardwood brush, and release of conifers from woody and herbaceous competition. It is used for bare ground control of unwanted vegetation, sterilizing the soil it is sprayed over for up to a year. Compare Imazapyr 4 SL to Arsenal AC
- May also be mixed in water and used for stump and cut-stem treatment for control of unwanted woody vegetation.
- Can be applied along forest roads to control undesirable vegetation.
- Can be used for the control of undesirable vegetation along non-irrigation ditch banks and the establishment and maintenance of wildlife openings.
How Imazapyr 4 SL Works
Vegetation absorbs Imazapyr through the roots and foliage. It moves throughout the plant causing chlorosis (a yellowing of plant tissues). Afterward, tissue necrosis is spread throughout. After application, Alligare Imazapyr 4 SL moves to the roots of the plant and kills the roots and underground storage tissue and prevents most emerging growth. The tissue necrosis and chlorosis may appear for several weeks in some plant species. It may take months for woody plants, brush, and trees to show the necrosis or chlorosis.
Mixing Gude of Imazapyr 4 SL
- 1 Gallon of water with 1-1/3 oz (1.0% concentration) to 6.2/3 oz (5.0 oz % concentration) with 1/3 oz of nonionic surfactant
- 5 Gallons of water with 6-2/3 oz (1.0% concentration) to 2 pts (5.0 oz % concentration) with 1-2/3 oz of nonionic surfactant
- 25 Gallons of water with 2 pts (1.0% concentration) to 10 pts (5.0 oz % concentration) with 8 oz of nonionic surfactant
- 100 Gallons of water with 1 gallon (1.0% concentration) to 5 gallons (5.0 oz % concentration) with 2 pts of nonionic surfactant
- Surface would be a recommended nonionic surfactant
- See label for complete instructions
Directions For Use
- Use this product according to Federal law according to the label.
- DO NOT apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift.
- Only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
- For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation
- Use Alligare Imazapyr 4 SL according to the label.
- Keep containers closed to avoid spills and contamination.
- Alligare Imazapyr 4 SL may be applied using low volume hand sprayers, ground sprayers, and low volume back pack or pump up sprayers, or helicopters.
- Observe all cautions and limitations in the labels of products used in combination with Alligare Imazapyr 4 SL.