Indoor Flea Combo-Small
This indoor flea combo combines FenvaStar EcoCap, Martin's IGR and Exciter Insecticide.
Use the FenvaStar EcoCap as a residual insecticide to kill the adult fleas, the Exciter to promote and enhance a quick knockdown (quick relief from biting fleas), and the Martin's IGR stops the flea cycle.
Usage: This kit may be used on rugs, carpets, and some hard floor surfaces. If you have mainly hard floor surfaces, choose an flea control aerosol: Precor 2625, PT Alpine Flea Aerosol, or Pivot Ultra Aerosolfor better coverage.
- FenvaStar EcoCap -8 oz (yields 4 gallons for flea control)
- Martin's IGR-4 oz.(yields 4 gallons for flea control)
- Exciter Pyrethrin Insecticide-1 oz ( yields 1 gallon for flea control)
- Mix 2 oz of FenvaStar Eco Cap, 1 oz of Martin's IGR and the 1 oz bottle of Exciter in one gallon of water. Spray this mixture on the flea-infested floor and pet resting areas as a fine broadcast spray. You may spray fabric chairs and couches as well, (do a test spray on an inconspicuous spot). This one-gallon yield will cover 1,000 square feet of carpet/rug areas and 2,000 square feet of hard floor surfaces.
- Cover fish aquariums and pets' food and water dishes before spraying and remove pets. Keep all people off the treated wet surface. Restrict these areas until the floor surfaces dry.
- Old pet bedding needs to be removed and replaced with clean bedding after treatment.
- Do not spray directly on pets.
- Use all mixed solution the same day you mix it because it does not store well.
- In 10-14 days, mix 1 oz of FenvaStar Eco Cap with one gallon of water and spray the same areas as the first spraying and follow the same precautions as listed above.
- It takes 4 -6 weeks for the flea cycle to be completely broken, so be patient. Do not steam clean the carpet at this point, unless you repeat this spray treatment again. Continue to vacuum as much as possible, and throw away the vacuum bag.
Pro tip: This is a really good combo. Think about where your pet goes because the eggs are laid on the pet and they will fall off the pet in the areas where your pet spends most of the time. Vacuum first and then mix the two items together in a tank sprayer. Often times you will need to spray a second and a third time. If this is the case you won't have to use the IGR, just the Fenvastar. Bear in mind that if there is no longer a pet in the house it seems like complete kill takes longer. That is because you are now the sole food source of the flea.