Fungicides and Fungal Diseases
Fungal diseases of plants can be a serious issue on farms and golf courses as well as in home gardens and landscapes. We have a large selection of fungicides for use on lawns and turf, ornamental landscapes, and fruits and vegetables. If you are trying to prevent a plant disease or cure one (we recommend prevention) we have the fungicide products you'll need.
Preventing Fungus Problems In Lawns
Preventing fungus in your lawn is a better option than treating a fungus problem. Fungicides as a rule are expensive and won't repair the damage that the fungus has already caused.
Prevention Tips For a Fungus- Free and Healthy Lawn
- Avoid using high nitrogen fertilizers on cool season grasses in late spring and summer. On warm season grasses avoid the high nitrogen fertilizers in fall and spring. Choosing a slow release nitrogen in a fertilizer, may cost a bit more, but they don't promote the rapid burst of growth that fungi love. We carry mostly the controlled released nitrogen fertilizers, with a couple of exceptions.
Starting at: $43.05
Many golf course managers have found Eagle 20 EW Fungicide as a proven preventative or cure for stubborn fungal diseases. As a preventative or curative it works on more than a dozen diseases of turfgrass, trees and shrubs.
Eagle 20 EW offers a fast knockdown treatment for disease problems such as Dollar Spot, Anthracnose, Spring dead spot, Other leaf spot diseases, Brown patch, Summer patch, Powdery mildew, Rust and Necrotic ring spot.
Eagle 20 EW may be used on a variety of grasses in residential and commercial turf, including bluegrass, ryegrass, Bermuda grass and zoysiagrass. Eagle 20 EW in also labeled for use on flowers and shrubs including more than 100 species such as Crepe myrtle, Azaleas, Flowering Cherry trees, Holly, Lilac, Rhododendron, and Roses.Learn More
Starting at: $16.95
Monterey's 70% Neem Oil is perfect for organic gardening and is OMRI listed.Use 70% Neem Oil as a fungicide, insecticide and miticide to control such pests as Black Spot, Rust, Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Aphids, Anthracnose, Scab and Flower and other listed pests. It is for use on flowers, roses, houseplants, fruits, nuts, vegetables, and ornamental trees and shrubs.Learn More
Starting at: $21.95Consan 20 provides three uses in one product. It acts as a fungicide, deodorizer, and disinfectant in a high concentrate. As a fungicide, it controls such diseases as brown patch on lawns, black spot on roses, powdery mildew on crepe myrtles, anthracnose on trees, downey mildew on african violets, algae on garden surfaces, and more listed diseases. As a disinfectant and deodorizer, it may be applied on hard surfaces such as walls, floors, locker rooms, showers, tubs garbage can, and toilet seats. Learn More
Starting at: $34.56
Both Quali-Pro Propiconazole 14.3 and Banner Maxx have the same active ingredient, propiconazole 14.3%. Quali-Pro's brand is more economical as a generic.
Propiconazole 14.3 is a systemic turf and ornamental broad spectrum fungicide. Propiconazole 14.3 is an excellent choice as a tank mix with other fungicides to reduce resistant fungi strains.
This broad-spectrum fungicide works on warm season grasses, trees, shrubs and flowers to control diseases such as brown patch, dollar spot, rusts, leafspots, anthracnose, powdery mildew, scabs, blights, necrotic ring spot and more.Learn More
$76.95 As low as: $71.95
Fame Granular Fungicide is a broad spectrum systematic fungicide used in turf and ornamentals to control stem, foliar and root diseases. Fame Granular is a spreadable fluoxastrobin fungicide. This fluoxastrobin formulation provides a quick uptake after penetrating the leaf surfaces quickly and translocates throughout the entire plant. It is fast acting to stop establish fungal growth. It is rainfast in 15 minutes.Learn More
$100.81 As low as: $97.72
Caravan G combines two active ingredients as a systemic insecticide and fungicide combined to kill both insects and diseases that attack your turf. As an example, this broad spectrum granular combo will treat both brown patch and white grubs in one application. Caravan G controls major disease and turf pests such as ants, chinch bugs, brown patch, white grubs, sod webworms, pythium blight, leaf spot, red spot and many more listed pest on the label.Learn More
Starting at: $37.65
Out of stock
Honor Guard PPZ Fungicide is a broad spectrum systemic fungicide with Propiconazole - 14.3%, kills and controls disease on turf and ornamentals on such problems as Powdery Mildew, Rust, Brown Patch, Pink Patch, Red Thread, Gray Leafspot, and Stripe Smut.Learn More
- Avoid using high nitrogen fertilizers on cool season grasses in the late spring and summer. On warm season grasses avoid the high nitrogen fertilizers in the fall and the spring. Slow release form of nitrogen in the fertilizer may cost a bit more but they don’t promote the rapid burst of growth that fungi love
- Don't over-water your lawn. Many people water their lawn daily and it never gets a chance to dry out. More water but less frequent is the mantra. Whenever possible, water your lawn in the morning. I have a good friend who is a grounds-keeper for a college baseball field and he always says, “Wash the dew off of the grass.
- Don't spread the disease. If you have any signs of fungus, bag your clippings. Don’t forget to rinse off the underside of the lawn mower or you will be slinging fungal spores all over the lawn. Many professionals spray the underside of their mowers with a solution of one part bleach to nine parts water. This will destroy any fungal spores trying to hitch a ride on your mower.
- Keep the lawn at the proper height. 2 or 2½ inches for most grasses and up to 3 inches for St. Augustine grass.
- Sharpen your lawn mower blade. Dull blades tear and rip the grass rather than cut it. The resulting ragged edges are perfect entry points for fungus. If you are not comfortable sharpening the blade yourself, you can have it done for $10 bucks or so.
- Aerate the lawn to prevent soil compaction and promote good drainage.Test the soil.Lawns with a soil PH of less than 6 are more likely to have fungus problems.
- Have the soil tested, and apply lime according to test recommendations. Disease may be more severe if the soil pH is less than 6.0.
Remember that, despite your best efforts, wet conditions and the proper temperatures may cause your lawn to experience a fungus problem. When using fungicides, always be sure to read and follow the directions on the product label.
The labels can be confusing so if you need some help choosing a product or deciphering the information on the label, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-476-3368.