How to Get Rid of Goosegrass
- summer annual weed
- wagon wheel-like appearance
- opens parallel to the ground
- white-ish in the center
- smooth and flattened sheaths
- grows well in compact soil and also areas with a lot of traffic and use (athletic fields)
- seed head has 2-6 spikes coming from the stem head
- Like many grassy weeds, goosegrass can be very difficult to control as there is a limited selection of herbicides that are effective.
- Make sure to identify which type of grass you have to ensure that the herbicide is safe for it. Go to our filter options to choose which grass you have.
- Multiple applications are necessary with this stubborn weed.
- Recommended Products: Revolver, Specticle Flo, and Grass Getter
- Spot treating with non-selective herbicides is very effective and cost-efficient if your goosegrass problem is not very widespread.
- A variety of different herbicides can be used and to get the best results
- Multiple applications are necessary
- Use a fine stream or low-pressure fan spray to avoid contact with other vegetation.
- Apply when there is a low chance of rain to avoid runoff of chemical to other vegetation.
- Recommended Products: Gly Pho-Sel Pro Dry 75 SG, Roundup Quikpro, Eraser Max
- Pre-emergent herbicide application is the most effective method.
- Apply in spring when the soil temperature reaches 50-60 degrees
- Recommended Products: Surflan Pro, Dithiopyr 40 WSB, Prodiame 65 WDG
Specticle FLO with indaziflam, is a pre-emergent, selective and broad-spectrum herbicide that provides residual control of troublesome weeds such as crabgrass, annual sedge, poa annua and goosegrass. It also controls annual sedges and broadleaf weeds in turf, ornamentals (residential), hedgerows, hardscapes, Christmas trees, and conifers.Learn More
Starting at: $88.85
Dismiss Herbicide, by FMC is a selective, post-emergent herbicide. It has shown to work faster than Certainty, Sedgehammer or Monument. Dismiss Herbicide is one of the best herbicides for sedge weed control in residential and commercial turf. Troublesome sedges such as green kylinga and yellow nutsedge are knocked out with visible results from one to two days. It not only attacks the surface of the weeds but better yet, gets into the soil to penetrate the sedge tubers. This penetrating soil action helps to prevent additional outbreaks of sedges. It is also labeled for the control or suppression on over 45 broadleaf weeds and grasses.Learn More