How to Get Rid of Goosegrass
- summer annual weed
- wagon wheel-like appearance
- opens parallel to the ground
- white-ish in the center
- smooth and flattened sheaths
- grows well in compact soil and also areas with a lot of traffic and use (athletic fields)
- seed head has 2-6 spikes coming from the stem head
- Like many grassy weeds, goosegrass can be very difficult to control as there is a limited selection of herbicides that are effective.
- Make sure to identify which type of grass you have to ensure that the herbicide is safe for it. Go to our filter options to choose which grass you have.
- Multiple applications are necessary with this stubborn weed.
- Recommended Products: Revolver, Specticle Flo, and Grass Getter
- Spot treating with non-selective herbicides is very effective and cost-efficient if your goosegrass problem is not very widespread.
- A variety of different herbicides can be used and to get the best results
- Multiple applications are necessary
- Use a fine stream or low-pressure fan spray to avoid contact with other vegetation.
- Apply when there is a low chance of rain to avoid runoff of chemical to other vegetation.
- Recommended Products: Gly Pho-Sel Pro Dry 75 SG, Roundup Quikpro, Eraser Max