How to Get Rid of Goosegrass
- summer annual weed
- wagon wheel-like appearance
- opens parallel to the ground
- white-ish in the center
- smooth and flattened sheaths
- grows well in compact soil and also areas with a lot of traffic and use (athletic fields)
- seed head has 2-6 spikes coming from the stem head
- Like many grassy weeds, goosegrass can be very difficult to control as there is a limited selection of herbicides that are effective.
- Make sure to identify which type of grass you have to ensure that the herbicide is safe for it. Go to our filter options to choose which grass you have.
- Multiple applications are necessary with this stubborn weed.
- Recommended Products: Revolver, Specticle Flo, and Grass Getter
- Spot treating with non-selective herbicides is very effective and cost-efficient if your goosegrass problem is not very widespread.
- A variety of different herbicides can be used and to get the best results
- Multiple applications are necessary
- Use a fine stream or low-pressure fan spray to avoid contact with other vegetation.
- Apply when there is a low chance of rain to avoid runoff of chemical to other vegetation.
- Recommended Products: Gly Pho-Sel Pro Dry 75 SG, Roundup Quikpro, Eraser Max
- Pre-emergent herbicide application is the most effective method.
- Apply in spring when the soil temperature reaches 50-60 degrees
- Recommended Products: Surflan Pro, Dithiopyr 40 WSB, Prodiame 65 WDG
Starting at: $26.99
Grass Getter with sethoxydim is a post-emergent, selective herbicide used to kill such hard-to-kill grasses like johnsongrass, bermudagrass, crabgrass, foxtail, and quackgrass (see label for all the grasses). It is a systemic grass killer that selectively eliminates grasses out of broadleaf plants without injuring desirable plants. Products such as 2-4-D does the exact opposite; it selectively removes broadleaf weeds from grasses.Learn More
$639.95 As low as: $632.95
Segment II Herbicide is a broad-spectrum, post-emergent control of annual and perennial grassy weed such as crabgrass, barnyardgrass, bahiagrass, bermudagrass and many more listed grasses. As a selective herbicide it may be applied in centipedegrass and established fine and tall fescues. Segment II is not formulated to contol control sedges or broadleaf weeds.Learn More
Starting at: $259.32
Revolver Selective Herbicide may seem expensive but is effective on cool-season grasses at low use rates. The active ingredient is foramsulfron, a sulfonylurea type of active removes cool-season grasses from tolerant warm-season grasses. This post-emergent herbicide may be used to remove cool-season grasses from bermudagrass greens, tee boxes, collars and approaches surronding bermudagrass greens.Learn More
Specticle FLO with indaziflam, is a pre-emergent, selective and broad-spectrum herbicide that provides residual control of troublesome weeds such as crabgrass, annual sedge, poa annua and goosegrass. It also controls annual sedges and broadleaf weeds in turf, ornamentals (residential), hedgerows, hardscapes, Christmas trees, and conifers.Learn More
Starting at: $88.85
Dismiss Herbicide, by FMC is a selective, post-emergent herbicide. It has shown to work faster than Certainty, Sedgehammer or Monument. Dismiss Herbicide is one of the best herbicides for sedge weed control in residential and commercial turf. Troublesome sedges such as green kylinga and yellow nutsedge are knocked out with visible results from one to two days. It not only attacks the surface of the weeds but better yet, gets into the soil to penetrate the sedge tubers. This penetrating soil action helps to prevent additional outbreaks of sedges. It is also labeled for the control or suppression on over 45 broadleaf weeds and grasses.Learn More
Solitare Herbicide is a powerful selective post-emergent herbicide which controls broadleaf weeds, annual grasses, and sedges. It is labeled for control and suppression of over 60 weed varieties in both cool season and warm season grasses
Solitare Herbicide reduces the capability of weed reproduction for the current season. It also decreases weed populations in the seasons that follow by impacting the viability of the seeds. All of this is accomplished while providing an excellent margin of safety for desirable turfgrasses.Learn More
Starting at: $24.70
Agrisel's Gly Pho-Sel Pro Dry 75 SG with 75% glyphosate, is a multi-purpose total vegetation weed killer. Gly Pho-Sel Pro Dry is a high quality, fast acting and systemic granular that starts working within hours. It kills on contact, burns down, and kills the roots as well, providing quick total vegetation and weed control.Learn More
Starting at: $46.50
Out of stock
Grass Getter and Herbicide Helper combined for greater savings. Grass Getter herbicide is an over the top herbicide that you can spray weedy grasses without hurting desirable plants. The Herbicide Helper will improve the coverage over the foliage, making the Grass Getter work faster and better.Learn More
Starting at: $27.25
Eraser Max is a concentrated formula of glyphosate and imazapyr that is very effective against many weeds, vines, grasses and trees. A single application will kill weeds for up to a year. Eraser Max is for use outside on non-crop areas, bare ground for total vegetation control, and spot treatment for weeds, grasses, vines and trees. It is perfect for gravel paths, fence rows, around barns and farm buildings.Learn More
Tribute Total Herbicide
Tribute Total by Bayer is a post-emergent, broad-spectrum herbicide to control 55 different broadleaf weeds. These include many annual and perennial grassy weeds including dallisgrass, purple and yellow nutsedge, and kyllinga. Use Tribute Total as an aid for removing cool season grasses that have been overseeded from Bermudagrass.Learn More