Maxforce FC Ant Bait Gel (Box contains 4 (.95 oz) tubes)
Active Ingredient: Fipronil
Labeled for use: Inside
Maxforce Max Force Ant Bait Gel is an excellent bait when the smaller ants are feeding on sugar.
Maxforce Ant Killer Bait Gel takes advantage of the natural behavior of ants. Foraging worker ants are attracted to the sweet formula of the bait. After consuming the bait the foraging ants will return to the nest and share the bait with the rest of the colony, including the queen(s) in what is known as the Maxforce Domino Effect effectively eliminating the colony. Maxforce Ant Killer Bait Gel offers a long term ant solution in a convenient easy-to-use application that begins to work in as little as six hours.
Do not apply any residual insecticides or sprays near baits. This will prevent ants from taking the bait - making the bait ineffective.
DESCRIPTION: Maxforce Ant Bait Gel is effective against Pharaoh, Argentine, odorous house, ghost, pavement, and little black ants. Ants will carry the bait back to the nest and destroy the colony. You will see fewer ants in 3-5 days. Maxforce Ant Gel provides for the sugar feeding needs of ants. If the ants are foraging for protein as well, it is recommended that a protein-based bait be used in conjunction with the gel bait.
USE: Place small pea-size amounts near areas where ants trail or forage, or where they are entering the structure. The gel can be applied in cracks and crevices, on pipes, behind appliances, along baseboards, etc. It can be used both inside and outside. Be careful of children and pets. DO NOT apply residual insecticides or sprays near baits as this will prevent ants from taking the bait. Reapply gel as needed. Always read the label.
How do I apply Maxforce Ant Killer Bait Gel?
- To apply, first shake the gel tube vigorously. Due to the high-moisture content, it is normal during storage for the syringe to contain a couple of grams of liquid. Simply shake the syringe before use to help even out the consistency. (During the summer months the gel may become more watery than normal, in which case you should place the tube in a refrigerator for 24 hours.)
- Next, remove the cap and depress the plunger. If necessary, during the first few placements simply pull back slightly on the plunger to prevent over application.
- Small pea-sized placements should be made near ant trails or near areas where ants have been observed to forage.
- Usually 3 placements will be sufficient for an average-sized room with a light to moderate infestation. Use more for larger areas or heavy infestations. Bait will remain effective for up to two weeks.
- ***NOTE: Do not disturb the natural behavior of trailing ants or foraging ants, placements should be made NEAR the ants not on them or in the middle of the trail. By disrupting their normal behavior, bait avoidance may occur.***