Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
Out of stockMop Up Insecticide turns one gallon of mop water into a powerful boric acid insecticide, using any left over grease or crumbs as a bait. Add 1 cup of Mop Up Insecticide powder to each gallon of rinse water.MOP UP has been discontinued by the manufacturer.Learn More
As an alternative use JT Eaton's Boric Acid Dust which may also be mixed with water , using it as a rinse solution. Packaging: 5 lb container
$22.00 As low as: $15.95
Bonide Pyrethrin Garden Insect Spray #858 with natural pyrethrin provides a quick knockdown for many garden insects including aphids, beetles, webworms, leafhoppers, and more listed garden insects.
The active ingredient in Bonide's Pyrethrin Concentrate provides a rapid knockdown of insects, targeting the insect's central nervous system. Pyrethrin is a strong insect repellent yet has a low toxicity to warm blooded animals.
Pyrethrins originate from Chrysanthemum flowers, making it a natural ingredient. Bonide Pyrethrin Concentrate is environmentally friendly and decomposes quickly.Learn More
$12.50 As low as: $8.95
Out of stock
The Gypsy Moth Trap that lures the adult gypsy moth during the mating season. The mating season for gypsy moths are during the summer months.
How Gypsy Moth Trap Works
The pheromone lures the gypsy moth into the trap, which is useful in detection of gypsy moth invasions. The lure last the whole summer, and there are replaceable lures available.Learn More
$18.50 As low as: $9.00
Out of stock
Biocare - Oakstump Mosquito Trap
Biocare - Oakstump Mosquito Trap is a safe, effective and non-toxic method of trapping mosquitoes. It uses a pheromone (an included packet) as a lure to attract the mosquitoes when they are laying eggs. This pheromone is a special biochemical that mosquitoes use to mark egg laying places. The mosquitoes enter the trap by the attractant lure but can't get out.Learn More
$26.08 As low as: $19.96The active ingredient in EverGreen Pyrethrum Dust (formally-Pyganic Dust ) is Pyrethrin 1%. EverGreen Pyrethrum Dust has a rapid knockdown and is classifed as a botanical insecticide.This fine white dust has a low odor and controls a wide range of insects including bed bugs, bees, wasps,ants, roaches, spiders, centipedes and more. Learn More
Starting at: $14.95
Bonide's All Seasons Horticultural Spray Oil Concentrate is used as an organic spray treatment in your home orchard or greenhouse for year round protection.
Bonide All Seasons Horticultural Spray Oil Concentrate uses an oil based ingredient of superior highly parafinic oil that is self-emulsifying with a spreader sticker. It wets and smothers pests and their eggs. This concentrate can be mixed with water and may be used to control over-wintering eggs of aphids, bud moths, leaf rollers, red bugs, codling moths, galls, red spiders, blisteer mites, white flies, mealy bugs and other listed insects.Learn More
$4.95 As low as: $2.85
Bedbug Buggy Trap by Buggy Beds is a monitor trap with four glue/pheromone placements used for monitoring bed bug populations. These bed bug monitor traps are pesticide-free and are small and discreet (2" X 3") detecting bed bugs up to six monthsLearn More
$12.50 As low as: $6.50
Out of stock
Catch the larger roaches with the Springstar BioCare Cockroach Trap S1303. This trap is designed to lure the larger roaches, such as American Roaches, Waterbugs and Palmeto Bugs with its powerful natural lure. The roach is lured to the trap and gets stuck on the sticky surface.Learn More