Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
$22.00 As low as: $15.95
Bonide Pyrethrin Garden Insect Spray #858 with natural pyrethrin provides a quick knockdown for many garden insects including aphids, beetles, webworms, leafhoppers, and more listed garden insects.
The active ingredient in Bonide's Pyrethrin Concentrate provides a rapid knockdown of insects, targeting the insect's central nervous system. Pyrethrin is a strong insect repellent yet has a low toxicity to warm blooded animals.
Pyrethrins originate from Chrysanthemum flowers, making it a natural ingredient. Bonide Pyrethrin Concentrate is environmentally friendly and decomposes quickly.Learn More
Starting at: $14.95
Bonide's All Seasons Horticultural Spray Oil Concentrate is used as an organic spray treatment in your home orchard or greenhouse for year round protection.
Bonide All Seasons Horticultural Spray Oil Concentrate uses an oil based ingredient of superior highly parafinic oil that is self-emulsifying with a spreader sticker. It wets and smothers pests and their eggs. This concentrate can be mixed with water and may be used to control over-wintering eggs of aphids, bud moths, leaf rollers, red bugs, codling moths, galls, red spiders, blisteer mites, white flies, mealy bugs and other listed insects.Learn More
Starting at: $76.90
Scythe Herbicide is a non-selective organic herbicide and contact weed killer. It is a post-emergent herbicide that affects a broad range of weeds. As an organic weed killer, it is made of naturally occurring fatty acids. Scythe Herbicide is also a non-systemic herbicide (will not travel to the rest of the plant or roots) or affect the soil or water and affect them in adverse ways.Learn More
Starting at: $12.25
Out of stock
Evac Botanical Rodent Repellent - Keeps Rodents Out Naturally
This all natural, botanical rodent repellent is made so it repels rodents. Even though the pine scent in Evac may be pleasant to us, it repels rodents. It is made with balsam fir oil, fragrance oil and plant fibers, conveniently packaged in a granular form in 2.5 oz pouches.
Even though Evac Rodent Repellent is registered with the EPA, it is classified as a "reduced risk", green product that does not require the signal word "caution" on its product label.Learn More
$27.95 As low as: $22.00
Detour Professional Grade Barrier Sealant (formerly called Detour for Rodents) is an all natural bio-repellent that detours or drives rodents and insects away from targeted areas. Detour is a Fifra EPA 25b exempt product.Learn More
$4.95 As low as: $2.85
Bedbug Buggy Trap by Buggy Beds is a monitor trap with four glue/pheromone placements used for monitoring bed bug populations. These bed bug monitor traps are pesticide-free and are small and discreet (2" X 3") detecting bed bugs up to six monthsLearn More
$12.50 As low as: $6.50
Out of stock
Catch the larger roaches with the Springstar BioCare Cockroach Trap S1303. This trap is designed to lure the larger roaches, such as American Roaches, Waterbugs and Palmeto Bugs with its powerful natural lure. The roach is lured to the trap and gets stuck on the sticky surface.Learn More
Starting at: $15.50
Bonide Snake Stopper Repellent repels and drives the snakes away from a targeted location. Snake Stopper is made of all natural ingredients : Cedar Oil, Cinnamon Oil, and Clove Oil. Typical uses of Bonide Snake Stopper Repellent repel snakes around yards, gardens, patios, sheds and woodpiles.Learn More