Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
Out of stockMop Up Insecticide turns one gallon of mop water into a powerful boric acid insecticide, using any left over grease or crumbs as a bait. Add 1 cup of Mop Up Insecticide powder to each gallon of rinse water.MOP UP has been discontinued by the manufacturer.Learn More
As an alternative use JT Eaton's Boric Acid Dust which may also be mixed with water , using it as a rinse solution. Packaging: 5 lb container
$26.08 As low as: $19.96The active ingredient in EverGreen Pyrethrum Dust (formally-Pyganic Dust ) is Pyrethrin 1%. EverGreen Pyrethrum Dust has a rapid knockdown and is classifed as a botanical insecticide.This fine white dust has a low odor and controls a wide range of insects including bed bugs, bees, wasps,ants, roaches, spiders, centipedes and more. Learn More
$18.95 As low as: $14.95
Out of stock
Essentria D Dust Insecticide contains natural essential plant oils and is exempt from EPA registration. This dust is ideal in organic programs and sensitive locations. Not only is Essentria D Dust Insecticide safe, but it is effective against such insects as ants, cockroaches, spiders, and other indoor pests.
Essentria D dust provides quick control and residual control.Learn More
Starting at: $12.50
Starting at: $9.50
Out of stock
Not only does Bonide's Boric Acid Roach Powder kill roaches, but also is an effective pest control tool against palmetto bugs, ants, waterbugs and silverfish. It is non-staining and odor free and can be used inside. This 98% boric acid dust is in a ready-to-use bottle. Use this roach powder under appliances, sinks, around drains, furniture, under shelf paper, on ledges and wherever roaches develop paths.Learn More
$13.58 As low as: $8.90
JT Eaton's Kills Bedbugs and Crawling Insects Powder not only kills bedbugs, but kills ants, boxelder bugs, cockroaches, crickets, fleas, silverfish, ticks, sowbugs, millipedes and houseflies that would be resting on treated surfaces.
How to use JT Eaton's Kills Bedbugs & Crawling Dust
This puffer bottle can be used by itself, but it is best used inside a hand duster with a plastic tip. This bedbug killer dust is applied to cracks and crevices where insects hide. When treating for bedbugs, pay attention to such places as mattress seams, bed foot boards, headboards, electrical outlets, cable outlets, picture frames, mirror frames, and electronics.Learn More
Starting at: $7.50
BorActin Insecticide Powder (Boric Acid) is a moisture-resistant dust used against a wide range of crawling insects. This dust does not "clump" easily and is applied as a dust well. Because heat does not affect it, BorActin will reman indefinitely. BorActin Insecticide Powder is considered a green pest control product since it's active ingredient (orthoboric acid) is a natural chemical. The toxicity in BorActin is low but it is important to follow all label instructions for complete safety.Learn More