Organic Pest Control Products
The Science of Botanical Pesticides
Rockwell Labs, the leader in the developing science in botanical-organic insecticides, uses a combination of thyme, cinnamon, rosemary, lemongrass, and cloves to kill, flush and repel insects. Perhaps botanical-organic insecticides do not have the residual capabilities of synthetic pesticides, but their many benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
- Fast-Acting: Botanical-organic insecticides are fast-acting. There will be a much faster kill rate than the most common class of pest control chemicals (synthetic pyrethroids).
- Vapor-Action: The vapor action from botanicals is longer lasting than pyrethroids. This longer-lasting vapor action is an important point in mosquito control programs.
- Excellent Flushing: Botanical-Organic insectices have unique flushing capabilities. Flushing action is important in cockroach control, as you want to "flush-out" insects from their hiding areas. Botanical aerosols all come with a crack and crevice straw that will fit in crevices to provide both a quick knockdown and flushing action.
- No resistance: There is no known resistance to botanical/organic insecticides. Since bed bugs, roaches and flies build up resilience to some synthetic pyrethroids. This non-resistance quality is an added benefit.
- Safe near water: The Ecovia line of organic botanical that may be applied over and near waterways. This label on the EcoVia line makes an excellent product for spider control on docks.
- Broader label: The Ecovia line of products does not have the label restrictions that pyrethroid insecticides have. School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- School notifications: Classified as a minimum risk FIFRA 25 (b) exempt botanical pesticide, the Ecovia line is exempt from notifications of pesticides used in schools (in most states). Some states do require this notification, so check your proper state laws.
- Conclusion: Many people think less of botanical/organic pest control measures and point out their failures. We find the major shortcoming is the duration of the residual action. But in the long run, the length of the residual activity is not a critical factor. For example, if you can kill off a population of spiders, you should not have a repopulation for several months. Keep in mind that all these activities are from plants that have evolved over millions of years to fight off disease and insects. Rockwell labs have developed a line of organic botanical products with plant oils to be highly effective.
- EcoVia botanicals (science and benefits)
$107.98 As low as: $102.25
Rockwell Lab's Invade Bio-Remediation of the Invade Bio Sanitation line of microbial blend products to clean and deodorize organic waste in drain lines and grease traps. It contains high-quality super-concentrated microbes for a variety of applications. These microbes are organisms that digest and remove organic waste.Learn More
Starting at: $10.50
UltraFloor Defender is an all natural based floor cleaner using a proprietary blend of active bacteria cultures and surfactant agents. These cultures break down the build up of grease, fatty acids, and soil, removing it from floor surfaces and grout. It also eliminates slippery floors and removes odors.Learn More
Starting at: $7.50
BorActin Insecticide Powder (Boric Acid) is a moisture-resistant dust used against a wide range of crawling insects. This dust does not "clump" easily and is applied as a dust well. Because heat does not affect it, BorActin will reman indefinitely. BorActin Insecticide Powder is considered a green pest control product since it's active ingredient (orthoboric acid) is a natural chemical. The toxicity in BorActin is low but it is important to follow all label instructions for complete safety.Learn More
$113.95 As low as: $95.50
EcoVia 3-in-1 Emulsifiable Concentrate is a FIFRA 25(b) Exempt Insecticide, botanical insecticide that is effective on a wide range of insect pests, mites, and fungi. This all natural and organic product is based on extensive scientific research with proven results in real situations in both conventional and organic productions.Learn More
Starting at: $24.00
Bobbex Rose/Deer and Insect Repellent combines safe and natural ingredients to discourage deer from eating roses and repels such insects as mites, aphids, leafhoppers, greenflies and sawflies that may attack the roses.Learn More
$19.95 As low as: $13.95
Out of stock
Thuricide Bacillus Thuringiensis (BT) controls moth larvae (caterpillars), certain leaf eating worms and gypsy moths. As a liquid formulation of bacteria it won't harm beneficial insects.
Active Ingredient : Bacillus thuringiensis (BT) subspecies kurstaki strain SA-12 solids, spores and Lepidopteran active toxins (At least 6 million viable spores per mg) - 15.0%Learn More
Starting at: $12.50
Starting at: $43.50Deer & Rabbit Off Repellent Concentrate-Deer & Rabbit Off Repellent Concentrate repels deer and rabbits by triggering the sensitive smell and taste of deer, rabbits, and squirrels. It has a dual deterrent works to trick the deer and rabbits to think that a predator is nearby and keeps these animals from eating the plants. Woodstream is in the process of moving this product from its Havahart brand to the Safer Brand. It is the same product but may say "Havahart Deer Off" on the label. Learn More